• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS p1 and p2 after paper discussion

Reaction score
Syed Ali said:
Actually none of them was easy. I don't say that I have done it bad but they were not easy.

Tell me the answer to :

The 1 mcq. i chose b. 1and 3

then the telephone one . I guess it was c.5

Fuse in electrical circuit. I chose b. the fuse will melt and stop current

Major energy conversion of parachutist : I chose d. potential to thermal

pressure relation to area. I chose d

PAPER2 went very good. just tell me where we had to mark 'C' in ultrasound question?

shouldn't the answer to the Fuse Q be A.....as the circuit had been earthed so any excessive charge would flow to the earth rather then blowing the Fuse???
confused.....
nd the pressure and area Q.....wasnt that a straight line..... pressure decreases as area increases.......

Reaction score
haris_93 said:
Syed Ali said:
Actually none of them was easy. I don't say that I have done it bad but they were not easy.

Tell me the answer to :

The 1 mcq. i chose b. 1and 3

then the telephone one . I guess it was c.5

Fuse in electrical circuit. I chose b. the fuse will melt and stop current

Major energy conversion of parachutist : I chose d. potential to thermal

pressure relation to area. I chose d

OKay heres it
1st mcq correct
2nd correct
3rd correct
4th : potential to kinetic
last mcq correct

Reaction score
The energy conversion was potential to kinetic......

Still confused over teh fuse one....the thing was earthed so the fuse wouldnt melt as high voltage should go to the earth....??? :shock:

Reaction score
The energy conversion was potential to kinetic......

Still confused over teh fuse one....the thing was earthed so the fuse wouldnt melt as high voltage should go to the earth....??? :shock:

Reaction score
fuse will not melt.!
the current passing through fuse was 4A and fuse was of 5A so fuse will not melt because fuse only melt when higher current than it's rating pass from it.!!!!!

Reaction score
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: CONFIRMED.!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
the fuse will melt .. this was a repeat question ..
when it is earthed high curent will flow .. it wud be larger than the fuse rating so it will BLOW !

Reaction score
sunshine said:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: CONFIRMED.!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

who confiemed tht .. tell him he's wrong .. . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
sunshine said:
Yeah, he/she is 100% wrong cuz marking scheme ain't incorrect. :/

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
yea .. its nov 2007 question no. 32

Thanx Mobeen for confirming it ( it is also present in w03_qp1 28 )and sunshine think TWICE before you say anything. Who the hell ALWAYS confirms you?

Reaction score
Nobody answered my final question. " Where we had to mark 'c' in the section B 10th question "

Reaction score
Syed Ali said:
Nobody answered my final question. " Where we had to mark 'c' in the section B 10th question "
In the middle of the SENT pulse and the REFLECTED pulse. ;)

Reaction score
yar the question said tht the crack was HALFWAY between the metal ...so i guess we had to increase the length of each pulse by half ... as the length of one S to one R was 4 blocks . we had to increase it by 2 more blocks . which was on the other S...

Reaction score
The principal energy conversion in MCQ number 13 was from Gravitational Potential to Heat. Kinetic was a popular choice, but since the parachutist was travelling with constant speed, the Kinetic Energy that his body possessed was also at a constant value. The increasing air resistance was due to the potential energy being converted to heat energy of the air.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
yar the question said tht the crack was HALFWAY between the metal ...so i guess we had to increase the length of each pulse by half ... as the length of one S to one R was 4 blocks . we had to increase it by 2 more blocks . which was on the other S...

No, I think you are wrong. They waves were being reflected from the surface so when there will be a crack, it will take longer to receive it back and the length will decrease but it had to travel a greater distance hence more sound energy was lost
so the reflected pulse possessed low energy. hope you got it! :)

Mobeen said:
corection : im bad at explaining* .
You can edit your posts by using the editor on the top right corner!! LOLX

Reaction score
@syed ali as u said tht "it will take longer " then the length wud increase ... as the pulse has to travel a longer distance then the the length between two S's wud increase .. aint it ?