• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2: Discussi0n

Reaction score
wt abt tat dc motor's mcq whick askd 4 sthg relatd 2 commutators...dun remembr the xct question...the answer 2 it was as it passes the vertical position currnt ix reversd or the horizontal position??

Reaction score
af1992 said:
wt abt tat dc motor's mcq whick askd 4 sthg relatd 2 commutators...dun remembr the xct question...the answer 2 it was as it passes the vertical position currnt ix reversd or the horizontal position??

yea ur ans wer ix rite, ;)

Reaction score
i meant 2 ask k i selctd the horizontal one.....is it crct or tat vrtical ix crct???

Reaction score
Alhamdulliah paper was easy.....
beside a few mcqs and a few thingys in paper2 everything went good Shukar Alhamdulliah :)

Reaction score
can any one tell me the exact Question statement of the parachute energy conversion .??

Reaction score
af1992 said:

the answer was .!
---> reverse the D.C current in the coils as it passes the vertical position

Reaction score
Worst paper of my life... P1 was easy no doubt bt p2 seemed very difficult to me.. I am so worried.. Guys plz pray for me that I do get an A ..

Reaction score
can any one tell me the exact Question statement of the parachute energy conversion .??

Reaction score
in section B, ques. no 1 (that graph one)...was the t2 (final time) time given as t =4secs or 'after 4 seconds' ??? :S
nd wat was the final time in the graph, 4 secs or 4.6 secs????

Reaction score
AlteredTuning said:
in section B, ques. no 1 (that graph one)...was the t2 (final time) time given as t =4secs or 'after 4 seconds' ??? :S

the final temp. was 4 sec .. it was stated in the question ..

Reaction score
1.wht was the answer to energy changes of the parachutist . .?
2.wht was the the answer to real or virtual for camera and magnifying glass. ?
3.in P2 Q1 did we hav to write the angle also with the direction of the resultant .. ?

Reaction score
AlteredTuning said:

The graph was to be made like this :
Graph.bmp

@ mobeen: it was stated that the car stopped 4 second after the brakes wre applies:
brakes applied = 0.6s
car stopped = 4 + 0.6 = 4.6

1) energy cange was potentia;l to thermal
2) camera: real , magnifying glass: virtual
3) i thin 22`

Reaction score
the answer of energy conversion in parachute was from gravitational potential energy to Kinetic energy .!!!
CONFIRMED

Reaction score
after my paper 1 i ws so sure i wud get full .. now one by one many mistakes are cumin forward .. this SUX !

Reaction score
u r wrong sunshine,
i ave confirmed dis from my dad,
hez physics professor ;)

Reaction score
Yeah it was kinetic to heat. THis is a repeat question . I think I have seen it in one of the past papers paper 2s.