• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2: Discussi0n

Reaction score
direction ov conventional current was asked and it ALWAYS travels fron +ve to -ve, so regardless of da capacitor it was the aeros from positive to negative

Reaction score
he said giv the direction of the curent when the capacitor is charging !

Reaction score
jafar said:
Mobeen said:
wht was the answer to the mcq regarding the capacitor .. the direction of curent .. ?

it was the 2 aeros pointing 2wards the conventional current....

the resultant force was 460N
nd maybe ur direction (north east) wud be correct
em not sure though

size of resultant vector was 540N, you can confirm your answer by applying pythagoras theorum.
the direction i wrote, was 68 degrees from eas

Reaction score
there was this type of a question in past pprs .. with a capacitor .. the mark schme gave the answer frm - to +

Reaction score
hey i didnt use pythagoras theorem .. i measured the length with a ruler .. i got 530 N .. wud it be considered corect ?

Reaction score
what was answer to the mcq regarding a coil in which current was flowing and magnet was passed through it. what would be the effect on size of current and its direvtion.
i choose the one that shows that current would increase and direction will reverse, is this right......?????????

Reaction score
Mobeen said:
hey i didnt use pythagoras theorem .. i measured the length with a ruler .. i got 530 N .. wud it be considered corect ?

not confirm but the exact value was around 539 N, according to phthagorus theorum, so i wrote 540N.

Reaction score
depends on your scale and diagram. I got 525N everybody had a different answer because we used different scales and different methods. One mark will probably be for method.

Reaction score
can any body plz tell me the detailed ans of some parts of Q of sound ie sec B; 2nd last Q
Q ;number of pulses produced in 1 sec
Q; give 2 resons y amplitude decreases
Q; how to draw the wave after it reflected from the crack?????????????????????????

Reaction score
beststriker said:
what was answer to the mcq regarding a coil in which current was flowing and magnet was passed through it. what would be the effect on size of current and its direvtion.
i choose the one that shows that current would increase and direction will reverse, is this right......?????????
Yep i think it would be correct..
'coz wen the magnet is 'quickly' pulled away the current would obviously increase and change itz direction...

Reaction score
@knight 101
i meant it for paper 2. not paper 1.
mcqs dont have a range. but sometimes if one answer gains a lot of popularity and the question wasnt clear cut enough, they do accept the popular answer even if mark scheme states it to be wrong. this has happened in chemistry. i am not sure about physics

Reaction score
Hey! wat was the procedure to draw that vector diagram in Qs.1, paper-2?
It follws da parallelogram law yeah, then why were we asked to draw it lyk a rectangle?? one in North, da other in East??

Reaction score
Chief Examiner said:
can any body plz tell me the detailed ans of some parts of Q of sound ie sec B; 2nd last Q
Q ;number of pulses produced in 1 sec
Q; give 2 resons y amplitude decreases
Q; how to draw the wave after it reflected from the crack?????????????????????????

this was a realy weird question .. im gona lose mny marks in it :(

Reaction score
Madiha786 said:
Hey! wat was the procedure to draw that vector diagram in Qs.1, paper-2?
It follws da parallelogram law yeah, then why were we asked to draw it lyk a rectangle?? one in North, da other in East??

it was a head to tail rule .. we had to draw one straight line towards north and then from its head another line towards east .. thn the reultant was to be calculated with head to tail rule ..
i dont remember the question sayin to draw any rectangle ..

Reaction score
for the no. of pulses..i got around 166666
i wrote that amplitude decreases cos some of the ultrasound is absorbed by the metal while some of it iz reflected away from the detector
i forgot wat i drew :p