• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 and P2 Discussions

Reaction score
a

ammeter increases voltmeter decreases

exactly....becoz when one lamp has been broken resistance has reduced. allowing more current to flow..the current passes through the voltmeter instead of going directly through the lamp(filament broken)..using V=IR, resitance has reduced...so voltmeter reading decreases

Reaction score
1) which graph? :confused:
2) dont remeber, i think A
3)added both 10000 n 5000 to calculate G.P.E
4) current same in series, voltage same in parallel
5) not sure, chose pressure decreases, vol increases
6) A
7) A
8) S-N N-S
9) Iron
10) 24 mins
11) Nucleus is small
12) --
13) Fuse blows
14) Virtual,not inverted
15) chose K.E + G.P > thermal
16)towards center
17) both same
18)A
19) C
20) --
21)Polyethene with woolen cloth
22) --
23) i think it came to be 3 x 10^3
24) chose both decrease
25) D
26) Frequency decreases
27) D
Guys correct me if i m wrong

dude for 15 G.P.E is converted to kinetic + thermal

Reaction score
exactly....becoz when one lamp has been broken resistance has reduced. allowing more current to flow..the current passes through the voltmeter instead of going directly through the lamp(filament broken)..using V=IR, resitance has reduced...so voltmeter reading decreases

But the circuit was broken coz the filament melted

Reaction score
Y
1) which graph? :confused:
2) dont remeber, i think A
3)added both 10000 n 5000 to calculate G.P.E
4) current same in series, voltage same in parallel
5) not sure, chose pressure decreases, vol increases
6) A
7) A
8) S-N N-S
9) Iron
10) 24 mins
11) Nucleus is small
12) --
13) Fuse blows
14) Virtual,not inverted
15) chose K.E + G.P > thermal
16)towards center
17) both same
18)A
19) C
20) --
21)Polyethene with woolen cloth
22) --
23) i think it came to be 3 x 10^3
24) chose both decrease
25) D
26) Frequency decreases
27) D
Guys correct me if i m wrong
you got that 'fuse blows' part wrong. It mentioned about overheating cables in a plug. The right answer should have been; the wires in the plug would overheat and melt'

Reaction score
To correct ans yhi hai?? Phir argument kis bat p horaha hai? m also saying this is correct :p

oh sorry....then...about voltmeter one there was a connecting path through voltmeter....and since total resistance of circuit has reduced, current increases and voltage decreases

Reaction score
Y
you got that 'fuse blows part wrong. It mentioned about overheating cables in a plug. The right anser should have been; the wires in the plug would overheat and melt'

It did not say 'overheating'. They just said 5 appliances were connected so large current flows

Reaction score
Y
you got that 'fuse blows part wrong. It mentioned about overheating cables in a plug. The right anser should have been; the wires in the plug would overheat and melt'
u are right. i also wrote that plug would overheat. because each appliance is getting the right supply. while the current is large only in plug and lead