• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P22, How was it!

How was it?

• GREAT!

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • 50 50

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Bad :/

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Alpha particle is a helium nucleus, mass 4u, charge 2p, and helium atom was released and it was isotope of helium atom, Since Gamma has mass 0u and 0p, so for the element to be an isotope, my logic says it should be gamma, and beta has a range of energies???

Still can u pleaz post ur reasoning behind ur desicions ??

Reaction score
Alpha particle is a helium nucleus, mass 4u, charge 2p, and helium atom was released and it was isotope of helium atom, Since Gamma has mass 0u and 0p, so for the element to be an isotope, my logic says it should be gamma, and beta has a range of energies???

Still can u pleaz post ur reasoning behind ur desicions ??

yeah its gamma

only gamma has such large energy and the charge was same on both sides (i guess)

Reaction score
what was the answer for the electricity last part (finding P D)

did someone get 3.2?

Reaction score
what was the value for you acceleration of the mass on the spring??
you subtracted the f spring - weight to get f net and then used a = f / m ???
yep i think...dont remember though

acceleration is produced by total force . Since both forces acted downward we actually need to add the force and weight

i got 13 !! (many of my friends got same, dont know if its correct)

Reaction score
acceleration is produced by total force . Since both forces acted downward we actually need to add the force and weight

ca you recall the values given like the constant,extension? thank you

Reaction score

acceleration is produced by a net force, not total force, and if acceleration was upwards then how are both the forces acting downwards :/ it means that there was a larger force acting upwards and a smaller force acting downwards, due to which there was a net force upwards and hence acc. upwards. and i dont remember exactly but my F from the spring was 5.5 N and the weight was 4.2 N, see obviously the upward tension force is bigger and weight downwards is smaller, so ull subtract them, it gives 1.3 N, this is the force that will cause the acceleration, and then divide by the mass. i dunno, this is what seemed logical at that moment :p

Reaction score
acceleration is produced by a net force, not total force, and if acceleration was upwards then how are both the forces acting downwards :/ :p

was acceleration upward?

i thought the question asked downward acceleration(when pulled down). When pulled down ,for acceleration total force is needed right?

Reaction score
was acceleration upward?

i thought the question asked downward acceleration(when pulled down). When pulled down ,for acceleration total force is needed right?
It asked what acceleration was when you released the spring, so it would be upwards

Reaction score
And what about the first page calculation question? about the speed i think... after drawing the first graph line?