• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P22

Reaction score
I think my exam went well. I have my doubts about the p.d. across CD and the power 60W question. I'm also hearing that the threshold will probably be around 43-45. Lets start discussing now shall we? :)

Reaction score
for power 60, u mean the last part for radioactivity? i don't remember the value of n exactly but it was a huge number something 1o^13.
what did u get for p.d across CD? maybe if u tell me ur answer, i might remember mine.;

Reaction score
i got 4.8v accross cd.. and yeah n was something *10^13 or something like dat

Reaction score
yeah p.d and I1 both 3.2.
R=L/A so we can find resistance for 40cm long wire. We are given 10 ohm resistance for 1m so we can calculate the resistance for 40 cm long wire by using unitary method.
Across 4 ohm resistor voltage was 8 V. So 8-4.8 gives 3.2 V which is the required answer.

Reaction score
yeah p.d and I1 both 3.2.
R=L/A so we can find resistance for 40cm long wire. We are given 10 ohm resistance for 1m so we can calculate the resistance for 40 cm long wire by using unitary method.
Across 4 ohm resistor voltage was 8 V. So 8-4.8 gives 3.2 V which is the required answer.
isnt the resistor voltage also 12v since it is parallel so both wires have 12v from the power supply. so i said (x/0.4) =(12/1) to give x to be 4.8v. this was the potentiometer formula. if u use proptions u also get 4.2v since the current in the wire was 1.2A.

Reaction score
Guys please tell me how to make the graph in Question 1 !!

I mesed it I guess is this okay?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
Solids -regularly arranged closely packed
Polymer-Long chain of small molecules know as monomers
amorphous- irregularly arranged not closely packed

Is this Okay ?

Reaction score
cor

Is this Okay ?[/qu

Is this Okay ?
absolutely correct

Reaction score
isnt the resistor voltage also 12v since it is parallel so both wires have 12v from the power supply. so i said (x/0.4) =(12/1) to give x to be 4.8v. this was the potentiometer formula. if u use proptions u also get 4.2v since the current in the wire was 1.2A.
potentiometer formula cannot be used because potentiometer is the device which is used to compare between emfs. Since there is 12V emf, potentiometer formula cannot be used in my opinion.