• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p22

Reaction score
i did exactly what hassam bro said ( rain drop graph ) , Young modulous can be explained in lots of way as long as it makes sense. About the roller coaster question : Kinetic energy 27KJ , potential was proved 24KJ , therefore Energy lost due to resistive force 3KJ. the distance travelled at 30degrees was found by sin rule , then energy= force times distancs , energy here is 3KJ distance we knw so the resistive force was found.

Reaction score
OH and the circuit ques , the current was 2.5A , then 30watt , enery lost i did a vert silly mistake by not addind the power lost in battery A with the external resistance. But still the power lost was less than produced so the last question was proved that surplus energy was stored in battery B

Reaction score
for the last part of ths energy questn in whch we hav to found d we need to write lyk ths w=f.d.cos30 because angle was wd horizöntal?

Reaction score
yar did all of u for calculating acceleration....calculated mass and then substituted into a=f/m....tell me...and this F was calculated in previous part ....wat was this F....drag force.........?? or....tell me m confused abt one thing

Reaction score
yar wat was ur accelration....did u used drag force to find it or resulatnt force???/

Reaction score
i m really confuse at the moment..bt i thinkk they ll never give such a difficult concept in a 2 mark question......will they?

Reaction score
guys how didi u calculate the power. which formula u used in calculating electricity. pls tell me

Reaction score
ya ............if anybody cud post details of that drag force question....i will be very grateful......

Reaction score
u mean the acceleration ? i think need use mg-friction=ma to find a.. and the graph is above the original graph..reach terminal velocity in shorter time..

Reaction score
Yeah mine was also 4.9 ms^-2 as well. In the Young Modulus question i told to draw up a graph of force on y-axis and extension on x-axis. Find its gradient and multiply it by (original length / cross section area). The apparatus was the wire itself hung from a ceiling with a pointer and weight hanger attached to its bottom. The pointer points to a measuring scale also attached to the ceiling and in line with the wire and a micrometer for the radius? What do u think? Is that OK? And what was your wavelength in the last question? Mine was 639 nm.

Reaction score
wat do u think sniper7137....? cos drag force will not give a...or previous part already said to determine the resultant force....?

Reaction score
We did. We had to subtract the drag force from the weight of the drop to get the resultant force. I made that very mistake earlier in the paper. I found acceleration from the drag force directly. Then i remembered that we had to subtract it from the weight. The answers either way are pretty close.

Reaction score
hmm...last question....in previous part ....did he asked to calculate drag force or...resultant force...just tell me this did the question ever ask us to find it ....if not hen m loosin 2 marks i guess