• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics p22

Reaction score
my answers;
acceleration in the raindrop question was 5.05ms-2
current in the last question was 2.5 ampere
power was 30w
used power was 28w (although i dont remember it exactly)
and i drew the graph above the original one in the raindrop question according to the eqaution provided which showed r is directly proportional to resistive force and inversely proportional to speed. so above the original one.
anyone else had these answers?

Reaction score
guys listen up, for the RAIN DROP QUESTION.
the graph should be the same for first few seconds (overlap)
REASON -> g is 9.81, u see it can never be steeper as it implies that g is more than 9.81 (which is forever impossible), note that its is a velocity-time graph which means gradient/steepnes gives us acceleration. think about it, on earth g will never be higher than 9.81.
and for the the terminal velocity, it should be lower,
REASON -> air resistance increases with speed, and it will try to balance out with the weigth, this is the reason why mass reach terminal velocity . since the raindrop has smaller mass ie. weight. it will reach terminal velocity faster (lower value of v)
hope this helps :) and ive confimed this with the physics department in my school

Reaction score
No two laser (light) sources are coherent in nature. Hence, we use one laser beam only with two slits.

Reaction score
Astarstudent said:
REASON -> g is 9.81, u see it can never be steeper as it implies that g is more than 9.81 (which is forever impossible), note that its is a velocity-time graph which means gradient/steepnes gives us acceleration. think about it, on earth g will never be higher than 9.81.
REASON -> air resistance increases with speed, and it will try to balance out with the weigth, this is the reason why mass reach terminal velocity . since the raindrop has smaller mass ie. weight. it will reach terminal velocity faster (lower value of v)
hope this helps :) and ive confimed this with the physics department in my school
this is what i did..bt...the drop was not falling in air i guess.....actually i cudnt revise my paper...so i m nt remembering it fully....if it was falling in air we r ryt.....if through fluid than initial a shud be higher

Reaction score
hassam, how can a raindrop, which is a fluid , be falling down in a fluid? fluid is only liquid and air. it doesnt make any sense if it falls in liquid, obviously it must be in air and im pretty sure its not in vacumm either ;) u'll do just fine.

Reaction score
Astarstudent said:
:Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :good: :good: :good: :good: ......finaly got it rite!!!!!!!PHEW!!!!*sighs*