• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS PAPER 2 DISCUSSION & QUERIES

Reaction score
I don't know from where I got these so I can't give credits.
But, I do not own these notes.

Attachments

• Formula List.pdf
    461.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Physics 0625 Formula and help sheet.pdf
    443 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
Can someone explain for me Magnetism and everything bout it? Also radioactivity...

Reaction score
Can someone explain for me Magnetism and everything bout it? Also radioactivity...
Just remember that like poles repel and unlike poles attract. Learn the experiment which asks you to draw the magnetic field lines using compasses or sprinkling iron pieces. I think that's it...the rest is about electromagnetism

Reaction score
Alpha partivle is a helium nucleus, beta particle is a fast moving electron and gamma radiation is an electromagnetic wave. Alpha have the greatest ionising power and weakest penetrative power while gamma have the opposite

Reaction score
Who can explain bistable(flipflops) and astable(multivibrator) for CIE GCSE O level syllabus in PHYSICS?

Reaction score
Reaction score
How do you find the half life?
The question will give you the number of radioactive atoms at the beginning...and their number after a period of time. If say the number of atoms is 4200 at first & then drops down to 1050 after 3 minutes, then their half life is 1 minute...u apply the ratio method

Reaction score
Okay so I still don't get how to use the hand rules...so if there's an alpha particle passing between magnetic poles, will it be attested to the North Pole or the South Pole?

Reaction score
Okay so I still don't get how to use the hand rules...so if there's an alpha particle passing between magnetic poles, will it be attested to the North Pole or the South Pole?

In case of alpha particles, use Fleming's left hand rule, in case of beta particles, use Fleming's right hand rule

Reaction score
Can somebody explain how to find the resultant magnetic field in several different cases, such as two current carrying wires into the page which are closer to one another.

Reaction score
Can somebody explain how to find the resultant magnetic field in several different cases, such as two current carrying wires into the page which are closer to one another.

When conductors carry current in same direction, they attract each other .. When conductors carry current in different direction, they repel each other