• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 3 2012 discussion (I have the qp)

Reaction score
Hiiiii...how r u?
hope doing well in studies!
TodAY I was bored so I went through O-level (NoT IGCSE) past papers to practise paper 1....I found them really HARD ......
check this paper and explain to me questions 9, 14, 21, 26, 31, 32, 33, 40...plz and thanks...
question 40 I thnk came for igcse too...which I can't get so plz concentrate on it more cauz I cant get it at all..
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_w11_qp_11.pdf
answers: http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_w11_ms_11.pdf

BEST WISHES!

yeah Im not that great at bio so yeah....I can try to help in chem and phys O levels :)

Reaction score
svenas
i'm fine. wbu?
i'll try
thanks
Q9 i don't understand it either. i expected the answer to be B
Q14 the blood vessel has to be a vein. which means it takes blood to the heart. so 1 has to be heart, and 2 has to be brain
Q21 the fat acts as a good insulator. i'm sure you must have thought A was the answer. the reason it's not the answer is because sweat glands are not secreted. it's sweat that's secreted
Q26 bacteria is the main ingredient in both cheese and yoghurt. the other two processes are also important in the production of cheese and yoghurt.
Q31 AIDS is caused by a virus, and malaria is caused by a protoctist called plasmodium. malaria is transferred or is spread by an insect, the mosquito
Q32 the size of the holes in a fishing net has nothing to do with the reproduction of fish!
Q33 if plants are to be produced asexually(where the new plants are genetically identical to the parent plants), plants are cut with part of the stem
Q40 if any phenotype shows the recessive characteristic, it has to be homozygous recessive. if it was heterozygous, it would show the dominant feature, not the recessive.

I hope I've helped you!
All the Best!

Reaction score
THANKS ALOOOOOOt.... can u plz re-explain to me q 40 and 14...
Thanks!
Q14 valves are present in veins only. the direction of the valves has to be towards the heart. so 1 is heart. the only option for 2 is brain
Q40 every recessive phenotype is always shown by homozygous recessive. if it was homozygous dominant, or heterozygous, the dominant feature would have been present. but since the question says, some of the offspring chracteristic, the genotype has to be recessive

Reaction score
svenas
i'm fine. wbu?
i'll try
thanks
Q9 i don't understand it either. i expected the answer to be B
Q14 the blood vessel has to be a vein. which means it takes blood to the heart. so 1 has to be heart, and 2 has to be brain
Q21 the fat acts as a good insulator. i'm sure you must have thought A was the answer. the reason it's not the answer is because sweat glands are not secreted. it's sweat that's secreted
Q26 bacteria is the main ingredient in both cheese and yoghurt. the other two processes are also important in the production of cheese and yoghurt.
Q31 AIDS is caused by a virus, and malaria is caused by a protoctist called plasmodium. malaria is transferred or is spread by an insect, the mosquito
Q32 the size of the holes in a fishing net has nothing to do with the reproduction of fish!
Q33 if plants are to be produced asexually(where the new plants are genetically identical to the parent plants), plants are cut with part of the stem
Q40 if any phenotype shows the recessive characteristic, it has to be homozygous recessive. if it was heterozygous, it would show the dominant feature, not the recessive.

I hope I've helped you!
All the Best!

wow u are good at bio :)
:D

Reaction score
When i came out giving the paper ......lyk a boss.......now after i hav seen this thread ........ i look like a miserable ass wandering all around asking ppl to prove these answers wrong..... alas i am screwed... well i tried ma bst.......screw the world :cool:

Reaction score
When i came out giving the paper ......lyk a boss.......now after i hav seen this thread ........ i look like a miserable ass wandering all around asking ppl to prove these answers wrong..... alas i am screwed... well i tried ma bst.......screw the world :cool:
hahahhaahhah... :LOL: don't worry! insha allah, your results will be good! (y)