• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 31 , (a death call)

Reaction score
this i wrote in the first part when they asked abouy the force...but for this i wrote about work done force is inversely proportional to distance...wat u thnk?
i dnt knw. wen i started rytin, i didnt put my pen dwn until i finished da ppr.

Reaction score
Alright guys
Super summary of what I got, agreeing with others answers:
First question, answer was 1.8s since it was most frequent
And then to measure oscillation , count multiple (at least ten) , use stopwatch to time those ten, divide stopwatch answer by ten or whatever no. you use
Err for the glass flask and tube,
i) It lowers because the heat expands the flask causing it to hold a bigger volume and the liquid thus lowers to fill the volume
ii) It then raises because as the liquid is heated up it expands and this causes it to take up a larger volume
iii) The reason why the rise is greater than the fall is cause either liquids expands more than solids or because the liquid had much more volume than solid so even with lower expansivity it would have a total expansion more than that of solid
iv)to make the rise more you could decrease diameater of tube

Max speed was DEFINITELY 9.33m/s, checked with many people. I even remember; it was 280/30, and I used multiple points on the line to check
Average speed was 6.67
Last question, A was resistor and B was LDR and for heat circuit A should be thermistor and B should be resistor, and component Y was a transistor
For question about solar panel all I remember is that the max height of the jet was 1.15 using potential energy formula
The current was going towards right, the beta stream goes out of the page, the magnetic field was obv straight lines from N to S pole, the beta stream's DESCRIPTION of movement was curving out till it's perpendicular to magnetic field lines going out of page
PRessure...err, first one was 18.75N/CM2 - note CENTIMETERS SQUARED, can't use pascals unless you change cm to m.
The reason force at Y is more than force at X is because pressure is the same at X and Y but since the area of Y is much bigger the force must be bigger to so the pressure can stay the same
THe reason Y moves a smaller distance is cause the work done at X and Y is the same (law of conservation of energy, no energy can magically appear so all the energy used to push X will go to Y) Work done = Force*Distance, since Y has a greater force it must move a smaller distance to have same work done.

Reaction score
Also the question about resistance and stuff
If I remember correctly, the voltage between X and Y was 2.4V
The resistance of R was 1.8 ohms
The current I3 was 1.2 A
I'm definitely sure of that, checked multiple times using different rules & formulas and nearly everyone in my class got same answers ;)

Reaction score
soo i got
max speed wrong ... mine was 7. something .
the oscillations second part wrong .. i did it like measure the same thing a few more times n compare ..
i wrote A = LDR .. :\
i din write about B particles going out of the paper :(
thats it .. but thats too much :cry: :(

Reaction score
Man (TheReallyReallyWeirdDude) u got all of them correctly how come are they ur answers or you have compared :eek:

Reaction score
soo i got
max speed wrong ... mine was 7. something .
the oscillations second part wrong .. i did it like measure the same thing a few more times n compare ..
i wrote A = LDR .. :\
i din write about B particles going out of the paper :(
thats it .. but thats too much :cry: :(
Nah it's not much, exam is out of eighty.
That's like...maximum MAXIMUM around 10 marks.

Reaction score
puuffff... i hope ur right :)
Okay, i'll explain:
max speed wrong ... mine was 7. something . - That was 1, max 2 marks.
the oscillations second part wrong .. i did it like measure the same thing a few more times n compare .. That question was 4 marks
i wrote A = LDR .. :\ That question was 2 marks
i din write about B particles going out of the paper That question was 2 marks
So total max = 10! And that's if they give you NO marks for working out, e.c.f. etc.

Reaction score
Okay, i'll explain:
max speed wrong ... mine was 7. something . - That was 1, max 2 marks.
the oscillations second part wrong .. i did it like measure the same thing a few more times n compare .. That question was 4 marks
i wrote A = LDR .. :\ That question was 2 marks
i din write about B particles going out of the paper That question was 2 marks
So total max = 10! And that's if they give you NO marks for working out, e.c.f. etc.
max speed was 3 marks :(
oohh so i cn get 60+ :p .. lol thanks :)