• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper 31 , (a death call)

Reaction score
it is 6v i think , i wrote it 0 :D , but doesnt matter i still can get 70+/80 insha2 ALLAH
if its 6 v then the current would be equal to 3 since the resistance was 3! he told you the current was 0.8 and parralel have the same voltage so 2.4 up and 2.4 down so the current down was equal to 2.4/2 which was 1.2

Reaction score
if its 6 v then the current would be equal to 3 since the resistance was 3! he told you the current was 0.8 and parralel have the same voltage so 2.4 up and 2.4 down so the current down was equal to 2.4/2 which was 1.2
sorry current = 2 * if its 6v but its not its 2.4 v :)

Reaction score
I found 2.4v by solving the last question. Resistance was 1.8 ohms and the resistance of the parralel circuit is 1.2 ohms. From big resistance there need to be a big voltage so The main voltage divided as 2.4v and 3.6v

Reaction score
no
you had the current in one branch
you had the voltage which was same in both branches
current in one branch is not related to other
u had to find the current by V/R
so current in 2nd branch was 3A
the total resistance across parallel was 1.2 ohm
effective Resistance of circuit was 6/3.8=1.579 ohm
so u take the parallel's resistance out to get the other resistance 1.579-1.2= 0.379 ohm

Reaction score
I found 2.4v by solving the last question. Resistance was 1.8 ohms and the resistance of the parralel circuit is 1.2 ohms. From big resistance there need to be a big voltage so The main voltage divided as 2.4v and 3.6v
you need to study parallel circuits and potential divider again
have a look at my post i hope you understand
V in parallel doesnt change

Reaction score
Also the question about resistance and stuff
If I remember correctly, the voltage between X and Y was 2.4V
The resistance of R was 1.8 ohms
The current I3 was 1.2 A
I'm definitely sure of that, checked multiple times using different rules & formulas and nearly everyone in my class got same answers ;)
At first i got 1.8 ohms as the resistance but then that is the total resistance of the circuit what i did was get the total resistance and the resistance of the parellel resistors then subtract both and i got a 1.1 ohms .

Reaction score
Also the question about resistance and stuff
If I remember correctly, the voltage between X and Y was 2.4V
The resistance of R was 1.8 ohms
The current I3 was 1.2 A
I'm definitely sure of that, checked multiple times using different rules & formulas and nearly everyone in my class got same answers ;)
At first i got 1.8 ohms as the resistance but then that is the total resistance of the circuit what i did was get the total resistance and the resistance of the parellel resistors then subtract both and i got a 1.1 ohms .