• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics paper3: the discussion.

Reaction score
Ok that wasn't an easy one. If you have any questions, please ask.

I'll start:

What was the answer for the water level in the matt black bulb and the other shiny white bulb?

What was the answer for the scientist/laboratory question concerning the speed of sound, the table was unreadable!

Reaction score
333.3m/s i guess... , and i think that the level of water will go up in the part of the tube where the shiny silver bulb was located and in matt black bulb part the level will go down...

Reaction score
Exactly!!
the speed was 333.33 m/s and about that the level will go down asa the pressure will increase faster then the other one!

What was ur answer for the last question?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
but i wrote that the level in the matt black bulb will go up since it absorbs heat and expands so volume increases and pressure decreases!And since that shiny one is a bad absorber there wouldnt be any change in that one!!

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
but i wrote that the level in the matt black bulb will go up since it absorbs heat and expands so volume increases and pressure decreases!And since that shiny one is a bad absorber there wouldnt be any change in that one!!

Same Answer I have answered :) !!!
And the speed is 333.3 m/s

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
yes speed is 333.33m/s if rounding shoul be atleast 3 s.f i guess!!

Reaction score
yes arabiannight, i've explained the question about bulbs exactly like you did=))

Reaction score
There was a question I didn't understand , ¬¬ explain one after the 333.33m/s one , I don't really remember .. I think it was "Explain your ( something )"

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
it was write down any assumptions u made while calculating the speed

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i dont remeber the answer but it was same as energy ,u just had to change units!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
what did u all right for the effect of resultant force acting on a moving object perpendicularly to the direction of motion, it was so easy and i forgot ,i just wrote direction changes but when i asked teacher she said it will move in a circular motion!!

Ivo

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
what did u all right for the effect of resultant force acting on a moving object perpendicularly to the direction of motion, it was so easy and i forgot ,i just wrote direction changes but when i asked teacher she said it will move in a circular motion!!

Hmm, I said that there was no change. But I'm not sure. What was the exact question again?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
It was like what will happen to the moving object when, (c) the resultant force is perpendicular to direction of motion?

Ivo

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
It was like what will happen to the moving object when, (c) the resultant force is perpendicular to direction of motion?

Apparantly someone who studys A-Level Mechanics said that perpendicular force doesn't change the motion.

Ivo

Reaction score
The question about what was assumed (when calculating speed of sound) and why was storm never passed directly overhead was also hard qs for me.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ivo said:
Math_angel said:

Apparantly someone who studys A-Level Mechanics said that perpendicular force doesn't change the motion.
no, remember that direction of the force acting on an object moving in circular motion was perpendicular to the direction of motion -100% sure cuz this direction has been asked in 2007 or 2008

Ivo

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Ivo said:
Math_angel said:

no, remember that direction of the force acting on an object moving in circular motion was perpendicular to the direction of motion -100% sure cuz this direction has been asked in 2007 or 2008

However, perpendicular is ambigious. It good mean like you said, resultant force to the side of the car, but also it can be to the top of the car (or bottom), so a bit ambigious.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ivo said:
The question about what was assumed (when calculating speed of sound) and why was storm never passed directly overhead was also hard qs for me.
assumption was asked in one the pastpapers but i forgot it i think it was speed of light is negligible,i wrote a big paragraph for that one mark as i wasnt sure exactly whats the ans.!
and ffor that storm never passed i guess i wrote the time decreases till (dont remember the value ) and again starts to increase so always takes some time to reach!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ivo said:
However, perpendicular is ambigious. It good mean like you said, resultant force to the side of the car, but also it can be to the top of the car (or bottom), so a bit ambigious.
:D :)