• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
don't how to draw this for you as I can't do it on the computer but the amplitude will be less and phase difference is 5 blocks apart

since 30 blocks = 360

Ya I know and I have drawn it. I wanted to compare it. Right its 5 blocks away and my amplitude was 7.

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how do you solve questions in which uncertainties are given? :/

Reaction score
M/J - 09 - p21 ---> Question 7 Part (a)
How the crap do you do this? :O
someone please help :(

Reaction score
ANYBODY? :'(
P and N are both in the horizontal direction, opposite to each other, with P facing the left and N facing the right (because P is positively charged and the direction of the electric field is to the right, so it would obviously go to the left).

Reaction score
M/J - 09 - p21 ---> Question 7 Part (a)
How the crap do you do this? :O
someone please help :(
(a) (i) A & C

Treat A to C as a straight line and forget everything else. The resistance will only be R.

(ii) B & X

The total resistance in parallel here is R/2, so the resistance at any point there is R/2.

(iii) This is equal to the total resistance in series + total resistance in parallel, that's 2R + R/2 = 2.5R.

Reaction score
(a) (i) A & C

Treat A to C as a straight line and forget everything else. The resistance will only be R.

(ii) B & X

The total resistance in parallel here is R/2, so the resistance at any point there is R/2.

(iii) This is equal to the total resistance in series + total resistance in parallel, that's 2R + R/2 = 2.5R.
Ahhh my gosh! Thankyoooooooooou!!! :'D

Reaction score
Oh yes, the electric field. How stupid of me x_x Thank you! Could you help me with this one?
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s10_qp_22.pdf Q.3(c)
well its easy . look, continue the line of sphere B till the time (t) where the graph of A starts to descend. ! then ,contiune the graph by ascending the line wid constanst positive gradient , now the tricky part is , that till where the gradient must b kept constant, for this, u have to consider the change in velocity of sphere A , like, it changed from 6 to -3 which makes it 6+3=9 (change in momentum) , same way , sphere B starts wid Momentum -4,
so by keeping constant the change in momentum, we can calculate the final momentum of sphere B ,
X-(-4)=9 , answer will b 5 , so the graph will ascend till the momentum is 5 , after which it will continue as a straight line wid zero gradient , hope u got it