• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
rviboy said:
uable to solve a part. don't have a convincing answer for that

b) Electric field strength = Potential difference / distance between the plates. equate the values get the answer...

c) electric field strength = Force / charge so F here is equal to mg , equate both equations Eq = mg ..equate the values.

if u dnt get anything u can ask me !

Well I cant understand the question u are asking plz locate me to the paper and question number...

Reaction score
i know i asking for help too much :p as i am still not getting the confidence to sit for my exam....
pls help me thank is advance....
1. when does the conservation of momentum fail...i mean to say when a lump of clay is thrown it gets flattened i want to know how conservation of momentum is valid here and what are the forms of energy the initial kinetic energy of the lump is converted to..?
2. Explain me the intermolecular spacing of materials in different states and there ratios!
3. how are neighbouring particles in a stationary wave in phase....!
4. which newtons law comes from which one?
5. when an object floats its apparent weight is zero...HOW AND WHY explain pls!!
@ anwerosama i know u can explain and clear my doubts , anyone pls help!!

Reaction score
rviboy said:
@ osama 6 a part reason for the Y plate being positive ...http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Interna ... 5_qp_2.pdf
Well srry fr the missconception
well frst ov all just keep in mind that the particle is experiencing weight (downward) so in order to balance dat there must be a force which shud be acting upwards on the particle hence plate y +vely charged (Repulsion) ;) but if plate x is +vely charged den the forces combine together ( Weight + Repelling force from plate X) and i t will strike the plate x :)

Reaction score
Swoorup said:
Which P2 past paper is the hardest of all?

well as far now what i have experienced year 2007 is the hardest :( the worst year ever seen especially o/n 2007

Reaction score
^^ dnt be sorry mate. thanks a lot for a convincing & beautifully crafted answer , happy now :D keep it up the spirit of helping here!

Reaction score
oct november 2005 paper 2. hope u can find dat on homepage download section

Reaction score
^man that's so many questions, i suggest u to use book or some notes and read thoroughly the relevant concepts so pardon me for not helping or wait