• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can someone please answer :)

For Q3d(i) and (ii) use v= u + at.... You should get the answer..
Q6(b) draw every point on the wave at the same position with respect to y-axis... but 20cm (.25 of wavelength) before the original position

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to find the time in Summer 11/paper 2/ variant 3/ Q- 3 -Di !! The ms only gives the answer not the way ! am completely stuck !
Also, in the same paper, how to do Q6-b ?? how to solve it and know where to start the sketch of the wave ?

Thank you, please answer as soon as possible !
1. a=v-u/t a=0.57 v=2 u=0 so t=v-u/a 2-0/0.57 =3.5
2. a=0.3 v=0 u=2 t=-2/0.3 = -6.67s

Reactions: Moi
Reaction score
SOMEBODY HELP! can someone explain the head and tail rule, and also how to find the frequency of a wave using CRO!

Reaction score
SOMEBODY HELP! can someone explain the head and tail rule, and also how to find the frequency of a wave using CRO!
join the arrows of the forces given in a way that they are scaled and in the right order of movement and then draw a third arrow (resultant) from the tail of the first arrow to the head of the second one.... just like u do in vectors

Reaction score
join the arrows of the forces given in a way that they are scaled and in the right order of movement and then draw a third arrow (resultant) from the tail of the first arrow to the head of the second one.... just like u do in vectors
and the cro?

Reaction score
Yes, I do get the electrical potential energy part.
Although, I'm not sure when to use both masses as in GMm/r or to just use one mass as in GM/r. Sometimes, when planets are involved they just want you to use one mass.
But thank you so much. :) It helped a lot and Jazak Allahu Khairan.

u use both masses when they tell u to calculate potential ENERGY
u use 1 mass when they tell u 2 calculate potential.

remember : potential = potential energy/ mass

Reaction score
Here, you calculated energy as 1.51 x 10^-47 Joules but isn't that the gravitational potential, not energy. Because then to get energy you would need to multiply this energy by a mass. Right? And what's the difference between electric potential and electrical potential energy?

No, it would have been gravitational potential if I had used only mass of α nucleus. [potential = GM/R]
but since i used both the masses, it is gravitational potential ENERGY

diff btw electric potential energy n electric potential is the same
electric potential = electric potential energy / charge

Reaction score
Can some one please post the physics formula sheet here...
Also is its possible can some one please explain uncertainity and it's usage by formula