• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone please help with O/N 2008 paper 1 question 11????
The 2kg mass is pulling the 8kg mass with a force of mg = 2 x 9.81 = 19.62N
Hence the force pulling the 8kg mass is 19.62N

But due to friction, the accelerating force would be:
19.62N - 6N
= 13.62N

From Newton's second law of motion;
f = ma
a = f/m
a = 13.62 / (8+2)kg <------ dont forget to add the masses

a = 1.362 m/s^2

Answer = A

Hope that helped :)

Reaction score
GUYS HOW ARE U ALL?
PLZ I NEED UR HELP IN PHYSICS...I NEED TO KNOW THE PERFECT TEXT BOOK TO STUDY FROM........ :p ............AND ALSO WAT SUBJECTS DO U ADVICE ME TO TAKE IF I AM GOING INTO MEDICINE FIELD. :D

PLZ NAOTE THAT I NEED 4 AS SUBJECTS AND 3 A LEVELS :)

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s10_qp_23.pdf

PLS HELP! >_< does anyone know how to calculate the area under the graph for question 3? :(

Make an appropriate line just under the curve that covers most of the boxes. The Shape formed would be a Trapezium. Calculate the are for trapezium by 1/2 x height x sum of parallel sides.
Now remains the boxes above the line. Count the boxes and add them to the trapezium area. That's it. (y)

Reaction score
2mrrw is my physics paper2 and im not quite sure about this vector diagram thing, if u can help? thankyou so much .. also can figure out when to use cos sin stuff...waiting for the reply...

Reaction score
how to find the uncertainity of an area of a circle?

Area of circle has the formula Pie Radius square. the uncertainty would definitely be in Radius value, so use the formula to calculate it and multiply it by 2 because of the square on Radius. Thats it (y)

Reaction score
ASLM guys.. explanation for nov 2012 pp 21 no. 2(b) 3rd part?? cheers!! :)
There is a constant error present in all the readings (zero error, a systematic error). Now, when there is 0 voltage, the current should also be 0, right? But, the graph shows that when the voltage is 0, the current is 0.05 A which tells us that all reading are incorrect by +0.05 A. To account for this error, you'll subtract 0.05 from the reading across any voltage. This is the explanation for getting the correct answer. You need to describe/show this in your answer.

Here's the solution:
Resistance = V/I
when V = 2 V, I = 0.14 A,
correcting error, I = 0.14 - 0.05 = 0.09 A
Resistance = 2/0.09 = 22.2 ohms (correct to 3 s.f.)