• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can I get some help again. thank you so much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Guys need help here.Please help.Thanks a lot.
Question 29--answer is c
Question 31--answer is c
:)

29. As u put a screen to view ur interference pattern, u will definitely put at XY
31. U need to draw the positive and negative charge of the electric field. Which is positive on top, negative at bottom due to the direction of the electric field. Hence positive part of the Rod move to negative side. Negative part of rod move to positive side. The forces are in opposite direction, which causes 0 resultant force. But there is a torque, which will move in direction of anticlockwise of u imagine how the positive turns towards negative and the negative turns towards positive.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
29. As u put a screen to view ur interference pattern, u will definitely put at XY
31. U need to draw the positive and negative charge of the electric field. Which is positive on top, negative at bottom due to the direction of the electric field. Hence positive part of the Rod move to negative side. Negative part of rod move to positive side. The forces are in opposite direction, which causes 0 resultant force. But there is a torque, which will move in direction of anticlockwise of u imagine how the positive turns towards negative and the negative turns towards positive.

Hope this helps
Thank u.Have any question?

Reaction score
Ok no problemo.For the question no33,i think it a bit logically.Path B shows path taken by proton.So now for helium nucleus it is
4 1
2 he 1 p.
------------>the helium is much heavier than the proton.....So,it would need a greater distance to be completely deflected than
the proton..For the direction,it should be same as the proton as both r same charge.

For the second question mean power dissipated is done by calculating the= highest power+lowest power/2
Highest power=i^2*r==>2^2*100=400 watt
lowest power=-1^2*100=100watt
400+100/2=250 watt

For the third question,,
option a rite-----Because when the s1 is closed,althugh s2 is also closed,the current will instead pass the region
without resistance,path s1.So the overall circuit becomes like the original circuit above.The r at s2 have no effect onn the current reading

option b rite--i think u know why.Its exactly similar to above circuit.No current flow to the bottom R thus,same ammeter reading

option d rite-----no current flow as switch all open.No complete cicruit

Option c is WRONG.When s1 is open n S2 is closed,the current must now pass the extra resistor as it has no other chance.Thus overall resistance
is higher n current value is less than I.

Awwww thank you o(≧▽≦)o

Reaction score
Hai guys anyone help me with this question .Get the upperpart of graph but cannot analyse the lower part of graph.Thanks
Ans is a.

Attachments

• sd.png
    sd.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score

Hope this helps
Boss,,I am so sorry but want to ask u why do u say the movement anticlockwise.I dont really get it.

Reaction score
Hai guys need help here.What does this question asks?
in which order of magnitude are the frequencies of electromagnetic waves in the visible
spectrum?
A-10^12hz
b-10^13hz
c10^14hz
d10^15hz
Why ais the answer c?
Thanks....

Reaction score
Hai guys need help here.What does this question asks?
in which order of magnitude are the frequencies of electromagnetic waves in the visible
spectrum?
A-10^12hz
b-10^13hz
c10^14hz
d10^15hz
Why ais the answer c?
Thanks....

Wavelength of visible spectrum is between 400~750nm
So the frequency is in between 4*10^14 ~7.5*10^14 Hz
Thus ans is C

Reaction score
Erm help please,thanks ˊ・ω・ˋ

18. Conservation of energy
1/2mv^2 = mgh + 1/2mv^2
Cancel all the m
(28)^2/2 = (9.81)(22) + v^2/2
Then u should be able to calculate the v

21. The key word is CONSTANT RATE OF FLOWING OF WATER
Hence there will be no increase in velocity along X to Y
But because water is forced to flow constantly, hence gain in Elastic Potential Energy. Lost in GPE because decrease in h.

33 Not sure

Reaction score
18. Conservation of energy
1/2mv^2 = mgh + 1/2mv^2
Cancel all the m
(28)^2/2 = (9.81)(22) + v^2/2
Then u should be able to calculate the v

21. The key word is CONSTANT RATE OF FLOWING OF WATER
Hence there will be no increase in velocity along X to Y
But because water is forced to flow constantly, hence gain in Elastic Potential Energy. Lost in GPE because decrease in h.

33 Not sure

thanks anyway!

Reaction score
I think I get Q33 :p
Just find the ratio of cross sectional area I guess, it will be 1:16, so resistance is 0.2*16= 3.2