• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Particle has no vertical velocity initially. We also know that when a force is perpendicular to the direction of motion, the acceleration produced does not affect the velocity of the object, rather just changes its direction.

From the previous part we know that the time the particle takes to move a horizontal distance of 12 cm. Use that time, and use s = 1/2 a t^2 (no initial vertical speed of particle so ut = 0)
It gives us s = .71cm. Thus the particle only travels .71cm vertically. As it is moving through the middle of the plates, the minimum vertical distance it has to travel to collide with the plate is .75cm. Thus, it doesn't collide with the plate.

Reaction score
Particle has no vertical velocity initially. We also know that when a force is perpendicular to the direction of motion, the acceleration produced does not affect the velocity of the object, rather just changes its direction.

From the previous part we know that the time the particle takes to move a horizontal distance of 12 cm. Use that time, and use s = 1/2 a t^2 (no initial vertical speed of particle so ut = 0)
It gives us s = .71cm. Thus the particle only travels .71cm vertically. As it is moving through the middle of the plates, the minimum vertical distance it has to travel to collide with the plate is .75cm. Thus, it doesn't collide with the plate.
Okay got it! Thankyou so very much :LOL::love:

Reaction score
Reaction score
I would give You detailed Explaination now...

P=Pressure, A=Area, F=Force,D=Density,V=Volume,M=Mass, g=Gravity,H=Height

P=F/A
M=D*V
W=M*G
W=D*V*g V=AH
W=D*A*H*g
W=F
P=F/A SO D*A*H**g/A
H cancel out to give
P=D*g*h!

Hope u Do understand! if not Then i would write down and Explain!! :) ;)
Thankyou :love::love:
I understood it very well (y)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ok...i hav recently strted phy p4...
nd i hate phy...i usually get lame lame doubts from phy...so i hope u dnt get annoyed when u see my doubts :p
ques: May-June 2009 phy p4
Que 1.part b
for da diameter we shud divide it by 2...nd find da mass
but i dnt get my ans...
plzzz any1 solve it...
P.S. I nid it ASAP :D