• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
mahabaloch
s10 Q4(b)(ii)

each small square = 0.02mm * 2N = 0.04 mJ
count the small squares:
till 50 N there are 25*5=125 blocks
from 50-60 N there are 5*4=20 blocks
from 60-74 there are almost 15 blocks
total = 160 blocks
160 * 0.04 = 6.4 mJ
i know it is very tedious but this is how it has to be done. by counting blocks.

Reaction score
i m not an A level student, but i guess the answer is NO.
becoz when a circuit gets closed, the electrons dont move from battery all around the circuit. but instead, the electrons present in the metallic wire start moving round the circuit at the same time. I mean, there is not a single wave of electrons running all round in the circuit. but, consider that instead of wires, we have a long round line of people. and when we close the switch, all the ppl just start walking round in the line.
so all the three bulbs would light at the same time.

hope you can understand it :)

Reaction score
i m not an A level student, but i guess the answer is NO.
becoz when a circuit gets closed, the electrons dont move from battery all around the circuit. but instead, the electrons present in the metallic wire start moving round the circuit at the same time. I mean, there is not a single wave of electrons running all round in the circuit. but, consider that instead of wires, we have a long round line of people. and when we close the switch, all the ppl just start walking round in the line.
so all the three bulbs would light at the same time.

hope you can understand it :)
I think it's right. (Y).
I'm too not an A'level student. :p

Reaction score
examiner can ask why both bulbs will light at same time.
as soon as the circuit is closed an electric fields will travel through out the circuit. as the speed of electric field is highest possible speed possible(speed of light) both bulbs light up instantly.

Reaction score
Particle has no vertical velocity initially. We also know that when a force is perpendicular to the direction of motion, the acceleration produced does not affect the velocity of the object, rather just changes its direction.

From the previous part we know that the time the particle takes to move a horizontal distance of 12 cm. Use that time, and use s = 1/2 a t^2 (no initial vertical speed of particle so ut = 0)
It gives us s = .71cm. Thus the particle only travels .71cm vertically. As it is moving through the middle of the plates, the minimum vertical distance it has to travel to collide with the plate is .75cm. Thus, it doesn't collide with the plate.

Reaction score
Particle has no vertical velocity initially. We also know that when a force is perpendicular to the direction of motion, the acceleration produced does not affect the velocity of the object, rather just changes its direction.

From the previous part we know that the time the particle takes to move a horizontal distance of 12 cm. Use that time, and use s = 1/2 a t^2 (no initial vertical speed of particle so ut = 0)
It gives us s = .71cm. Thus the particle only travels .71cm vertically. As it is moving through the middle of the plates, the minimum vertical distance it has to travel to collide with the plate is .75cm. Thus, it doesn't collide with the plate.
Okay got it! Thankyou so very much :LOL::love:

Reaction score
Reaction score
I would give You detailed Explaination now...

P=Pressure, A=Area, F=Force,D=Density,V=Volume,M=Mass, g=Gravity,H=Height

P=F/A
M=D*V
W=M*G
W=D*V*g V=AH
W=D*A*H*g
W=F
P=F/A SO D*A*H**g/A
H cancel out to give
P=D*g*h!

Hope u Do understand! if not Then i would write down and Explain!! :) ;)
Thankyou :love::love:
I understood it very well (y)

Reaction score