• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
P5 - S15 - 51
Last question
log k = y intercept
View attachment 59535
View attachment 59536
Can anyone explain how it results in the final equation of 1/2(maxk-mink)/k ??
Like % uncertainty is just [(change in k)/k ]*100 so how to get all the 1/2 and stuff?? :p
And also is there another way to do it??
I just prefer the max min method that is the easiest and like the first thing the examiners prefer too.:p

Reaction score
Amplitude will start decreasing so the curve's amplitude will decrease slightly in each oscillations and come to rest due to damping. Here we are asked to draw for 2 oscillations with the effect of damping, hence the time period will be similar to the orignal graph as damping has no effect on time intervals, and the peak will decreases slowly so curve will be under the loops, this is what marking scheme explains. :)
thx bro :)

Reaction score
I just prefer the max min method that is the easiest and like the first thing the examiners prefer too.:p
But then for this one we have the line of best fit and one worst fit so wouldn't the uncertainty be :
(maxk - bestk)/k *100 cause otherwise to use the min max formula we'll have to draw the other worst acceptable line and then find the k right? :p

Reaction score
But then for this one we have the line of best fit and one worst fit so wouldn't the uncertainty be :
(maxk - bestk)/k *100 cause otherwise to use the min max formula we'll have to draw the other worst acceptable line and then find the k right? :p
Yeah like by min max method I meant like the gradient of worst-gradient of best/(gradient of best) *100 like when we have a fraction to find the uncertainty we keep the numerator highest and denominator lowest.Yeah btw what you are referring to is right and the same thing I meant.:D That was only what I was implying like the maximum possible error answer - minimum error prone answer.:p Yeah the last one in ms screenshot is like the shallowest and deepest graident difference divided by two like most error prone answer extremes so then we have to divide it by 2.:)

Reaction score
The first r will be 3.84 x10^8m, since that is the distance given in the question (between earth and moon)
The second one will be 3.84x10^8m + 0.04m, since that will be the radius after one year has passed.
Your formula will calculate the difference in potential energy between these two.

Reaction score
The first r will be 3.84 x10^8m, since that is the distance given in the question (between earth and moon)
The second one will be 3.84x10^8m + 0.04m, since that will be the radius after one year has passed.
Your formula will calculate the difference in potential energy between these two.
LOL :D I did the same thing, just i didnt directly place the value of other radius.. xD Poor me. xD :D

Reaction score
Can anyone solve my following paper 4 doubts?

M/J 2003
5(d) I know that alpha will deflect up and beta down. I dont know what is written in ms. Can anyone please draw and show it to me with explanation?

M/J 2005
6(b) No idea how to attempt. Can anyone show the graph please with explanation?

M/J 2006
4(c) Can anyone mark A and S an explain that positions on piston?
6(a) How to do this? Explanation needed.
6(c) How to write for this?

M/J 2007
3(b) I am not able to figure out number of squares to calculate area under graph. I wish I could have equation and could integrate xD :p Any trick to solve this type of questions?
7(a)(i) I am not able to write answers for this type of questions. Any help?
7(b) How to do this? I need a graph with explanation.
7(c) Again this graph question, where to start, what is natural frequency where to end? I need to see the graph.

M/J 2008
6(a) How parallel?
6(b)(i) why we not using 4.5cm?
6(b)(ii) why zero?

M/J 2009
6(c) how to calculate this? I used the same formula as b(ii) just changed the value of current and then subtract answer from 2.3g and then multiplied by 2 as now its ac. Why is this method incorrect?

Please I have my mock examinations on head, seeking for help. A lot more flood of doubts to come. Thank you. :)