• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
If I get an A in p1 n p2, and a C in p3 in phy what will be my overall grade? Like ik p3 was quite easy. Like the exp were easy to perform but i did some silly mistakes like i didnt take the max range n i wrote the time n gradient to wrong sig fig n i did write the right units in gravity question n ofc i couldnt write the errors n imp n ughh much more
my friend had this in bio n she got an A
but it may only b possible if u have like a very high in the other 2 papers
also p3 only has a wieghtage of 23% so their may be a good chance as well
but then again, it may be a little difficult to turn that grade into A* in A2

Reaction score
my friend had this in bio n she got an A
but it may only b possible if u have like a very high in the other 2 papers
also p3 only has a wieghtage of 23% so their may be a good chance as well
but then again, it may be a little difficult to turn that grade into A* in A2
Ya Allah I'm so stressed :(

Reaction score
If I get an A in p1 n p2, and a C in p3 in phy what will be my overall grade? Like ik p3 was quite easy. Like the exp were easy to perform but i did some silly mistakes like i didnt take the max range n i wrote the time n gradient to wrong sig fig n i did write the right units in gravity question n ofc i couldnt write the errors n imp n ughh much more
People get 2 As and an E in p3 but still manage to get an A so ..dw so much.

Reaction score
Guys for Q.2 its not possible that you use absolute uncertainty in calculating % uncertainty because the method of performing experiment is inaccurate the uncertainty will always be higher than the 1 mm which is for metre rule,i went through many markschemes before paper and there was a range of example 2-7 mm you could choose as absolute uncertainty to calculate %uncertainty afterwards

Reaction score
Mine practical was alright,i wrote the following errors,Two readings no enough to draw valid conclusion,the loop over rod keeps sliding,the rule balances only for a short time so difficult to note the exact lenght at which it balanced and the value of masses provided maynot be accurate.

Reaction score
Ya Allah I'm so stressed :(
Insha Allah you'll get an A* in A2 n an A in AS
talk to ur seniors...youll feel good hearing their stories :p
plus if u find the prac diffic it will lower the threshold
my teacher tells me diffic paper is a good thing so v should b happy
i screwed it too like the last part but m alright
Allah knows whats best for us so dw just pray :)

Reaction score
guys the main thing u should be worried abt are the errors n improvements ur tables n ur graphs since they alone make up a total of around 15 marks

Reaction score
guys the main thing u should be worried abt are the errors n improvements ur tables n ur graphs since they alone make up a total of around 15 marks
I wrote in errors ...two reading insufficient...large uncertainty in y-x...difficult to balance rule because swings sideways....difficult to measure y because thread attached to metre rule hanging mass hanger slips....do u think these are correct?

Reaction score
I wrote in errors ...two reading insufficient...large uncertainty in y-x...difficult to balance rule because swings sideways....difficult to measure y because thread attached to metre rule hanging mass hanger slips....do u think these are correct?
yh all correct
ill be losing 5 marks from there i think :/

Reaction score
Two readings are not enough to draw a valid conclusion
The masses provided may not be of accurate values mentioned
The loop over the rod keeps sliding
The ruler balancing only for a short period of time so difficult to note x and y

are these correct?

Reaction score
Two readings are not enough to draw a valid conclusion
The masses provided may not be of accurate values mentioned
The loop over the rod keeps sliding
The ruler balancing only for a short period of time so difficult to note x and y

are these correct?
Loop over the rod sliding I don't think so that was not in my case the loop attached to metre rule and hanging the mass hanger was slipping...and masses r not accurate that will not be acceptable I think...

Reaction score
actually the loop attached to metre rule had to be sliding to find the balance point but due to sliding over rod the balance length was difficult to find