• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
q.2 b) if u will suspend a plumbline from different positions then you can know the centre of gravity. i mean you need to draw 4 lines from vertices and then find their intersection point, that will be below pivot. it will eventually come to rest because centre of gravity is in line with pivot. no turning effect produce as we are applying force on the pivot line. this is what i got from the question.

4 b ii) lets find the approximate are:2 [1/2 into .3 into 0.08 ] = 0.024 m

note: i converted the speed from cm/s into m/s and divided the graph into two triangles.

s 06) q.2 c) resolving forces horizontally: we can see that F cos a and T cos B are the only two horizontal forces. now just equate them, they must be equal so that the system remains in equilibrium. Fcos a = T cos b

ii ) resolving vertically: there are two forces acting upwards which are F sin a and T sin b , these two upward forces must equal with the downward weight. hence Fsin a + T sin b = W

iii) sum of moments at A) F doesn't contribute as it is acting at the pivot. o moment by force F.
now we know that AC = 2/3 Ab
the upward force is T sin B and downward is W. the distance of W from A in terms of AB is 2/3 , the distance of T sin B is equal to AB from A point. . now the equation becomes 2/3 AB into W = T sin b into AB , which further becomes 2W= 3T sin b. hope that helps.

can you give your opinion on this question b part?

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s07_qp_31.pdf

need help with the 2nd question. what is the difference between the distance of centre mass and the vertical displacement of the ball? :S:S:S
centre of mass means the geometrical centre of the ball where all mass seems to be concentrated. so just pull it down and note the vertical displacement or vertical height in other words at the instant when it is pulled.

Reaction score
Practical in a few hours InshaAllah,releated to heat,please help and give suggestions ?

Reaction score
Practical in a few hours InshaAllah,releated to heat,please help and give suggestions ?
For experiments involving temperature!
  • Readings should be accurate to fractions of a degree.
  • Stir any liquid being heated.
  • Insulate the apparatus if possible.
  • The thermometer should not be touching the sides of the container it is in, and should be in the middle of the liquid you are measuring the temperature of.
  • Precaution: read the thermometer at eye level to avoid parallax error.
  • The bulb of the thermometer should be completely submerged.
  • Comment on the result obtained being the right order of magnitude.

Reaction score
Hi lil help here pls. Question is : A beam of red light had twice the intensity of another beam of same color.Calculate the ratio of the amplitudes of the waves. THank you!

Reaction score
Hi lil help here pls. Question is : A beam of red light had twice the intensity of another beam of same color.Calculate the ratio of the amplitudes of the waves. THank you!

I=A^2

so red light is ---> root(2I)=A

and other light is A'=root(I)

then divide A' by A to get the ratio

which will be root(I)/root(2I)

Reaction score
I=A^2

so red light is ---> root(2I)=A

and other light is A'=root(I)

then divide A' by A to get the ratio

which will be root(I)/root(2I)
yep i tried it but i guess it will be A divided by A' so root (2I)/root(I) and then yea i got the correct answer.Thanks for the method mate :)

Reaction score
2r5t3iv.jpg

wat is the extension produced? plz help

Reaction score
s= 1/2 at^2
state two conditions for this expression to apply to the motion of the object given by this expression

Reaction score
i got k-eff = 2/3 k but wht to do after that

one individual spring will have an extension of x... when connected in parallel they will have an extension of .5x.... extension will be divided equally between the 2 springs... when another spring will be connected in series to them, the extension will again be added up... .5x+x giving 1.5x...