• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I partially agree with you. Nothing besides businessmen or politicians are valued in Pakistan. Doctors, engineers, lawyers, none of them are valued. Bare in mind, these are very common fields, so if I go into less popular fields like fundamental physics or any other specified field, they are not valued at all. But, the fields in Pakistan aren't saturated. In fact, there's an issue of lack of labour in Pakistan. Most of the qualified doctors or engineers go off to other countries because working conditions and wages are poor in Pakistan, hence people go abroad for a better standard of living. If you go to hospitals in Pakistan especially Lahore, the staff is under qualified, because these hospitals tend to employ people with fewer qualifications( as there very few good quality doctors) since they're cheap as well. Besides, Aga Khan in Karachi, standard of hospitals is way below par. As for engineers, Pakistani firms like Millat hire poor quality engineers(saving money duh), while multinationals hire high quality ones. Yet, these multinationals still need more of these high quality engineers. So overall the field isn't saturated if you have a good quality education.
The top positions are always vacant, welcoming the toppers but I was talking generally about the civil engineering etc. like they get poor wages and wander for jobs

Reaction score
Seems cool. Medical institutes here are good. But if you're gonna work, I would suggest you don't work in Pakistan(unless it's Aga Khan) because doctors are not valued here. I mean my cousin did her undergrad from King Edward MC and she's working at DHA National Hospital for like 50k a month(horrible starting salary).
50 k is horrible?.It was 20 k or less before.
And anyway,50 k are given to trainees doing their house jobs.50 k is what I would call pretty much okay.

Reaction score
Seems cool. Medical institutes here are good. But if you're gonna work, I would suggest you don't work in Pakistan(unless it's Aga Khan) because doctors are not valued here. I mean my cousin did her undergrad from King Edward MC and she's working at DHA National Hospital for like 50k a month(horrible starting salary).
Yeah it is horrible duh
Did she do A level or Fsc? Ppl are always scaring me that A level is of no use here and plenty of marks are cut blah blah...to what extent is thia true?
I will IA try my best to get any quality specialization from UK etc but only after doing MBBS from Pak

Reaction score
Yeah it is horrible duh
Did she do A level or Fsc? Ppl are always scaring me that A level is of no use here and plenty of marks are cut blah blah...to what extent is thia true?
I will IA try my best to get any quality specialization from UK etc but only after doing MBBS from Pak
My brother got 4 A*s and they got admission in nust gik and kmc.
But yeah,4 A*s is a pretty much big thing to get in A levels

Reaction score
Yeah it is horrible duh
I will IA try my best to get any quality specialization from UK etc but only after MBBS
She did A-levels but still got in. The government purposely reduces value of A-level grades compared to Fsc grades for equivalence certificates so that students who want to get into government universities do FsC rather than A-levels(which is stupid since A-levels has more value than Fsc, fsc is all memorizing). I'm not sure what the rule about equivalence for A-level qualifications is now(could have changed), but that was the rule when my cousin did her undergrad.

Reaction score
Yeah it is horrible duh
So yeah doing a-levels used to damage your chances of getting into a government institute, but I'm not sure what the rules are right now.

Reaction score
Dude that's terrible. If I go abroad, I'd be getting at least 1500 USD a month which is like 150k PKR
150 k to trainees.Quite suprising but there are far more problem abroad which you have no idea of.
The prices of some things are insane which you find quite chea here.Few of my aunts have lived in canada and etc and they say life isin't that easy as it is in pakistan.
People don't value what they get here and they often find it hard to adjust,but yes,pursue what you want,I wish you luck :)

Reaction score
She did A-levels but still got in. The government purposely reduces value of A-level grades compared to Fsc grades for equivalence certificates so that students who want to get into government universities do FsC rather than A-levels(which is stupid since A-levels has more value than Fsc, fsc is all memorizing). I'm not sure what the rule about equivalence for A-level qualifications is now(could have changed), but that was the rule when my cousin did her undergrad.
Which year?

Reaction score
So yeah doing a-levels used to damage your chances of getting into a government institute, but I'm not sure what the rules are right now.
They still do because 20% of the marks are deducted from your grade you get.For eng. A is almost converted to a C i guess.Not sure but it's quite bad haha

Reaction score
150 k to trainees.Quite suprising but there are far more problem abroad which you have no idea of.
The prices of some things are insane which you find quite chea here.Few of my aunts have lived in canada and etc and they say life isin't that easy as it is in pakistan.
People don't value what they get here and they often find it hard to adjust,but yes,pursue what you want,I wish you luck :)
Dude, the situation is not as bad as it is in Pakistan. Living in Pakistan over a long time is a real pain. What happens in other countries is that inflation is low and the firms in other companies increase wages slowly each year(by a small percentage) so that this inflation is covered up and residents don't suffer. In Pakistan, it's the polar opposite. Inflation is incredibly high, lingering around 10%, and the firms here increase the wages by an even smaller percentage. So the residents in Pakistan are suffering hugely over a long time since products and living gets more expensive and you can afford fewer and fewer things over the years. My dad has seen this happen to him, so I am talking from a personal view.

Reaction score
Do u mean King Edward MC?
And in which year did they got admission?
Khyber Medical College.Pakistan 1st or 2nd best medical college.They told me alot of the stuff also depends on Eta test for which you have to study All Fsc Science And english Books in 2 months.

Reaction score
And he said some of his freinds got A*s but still didn't get into college because some of them got left by 0.5 MARKS .THEY WER LITERALLY CRYING

Reaction score
Dude, the situation is not as bad as it is in Pakistan. Living in Pakistan over a long time is a real pain. What happens in other countries is that inflation is low and the firms in other companies increase wages slowly each year(by a small percentage) so that this inflation is covered up and residents don't suffer. In Pakistan, it's the polar opposite. Inflation is incredibly high, lingering around 10%, and the firms here increase the wages by an even smaller percentage. So the residents in Pakistan are suffering hugely over a long time since products and living gets more expensive and you can afford fewer and fewer things over the years. My dad has seen this happen to him, so I am talking from a personal view.
That is quite true sadly.This country has so much potentil,Unfortunately all going to waste

Reaction score
Khyber Medical College.Pakistan 1st or 2nd best medical college.They told me alot of the stuff also depends on Eta test for which you have to study All Fsc Science And english Books in 2 months.
Yeah I'm going to start preparing for the entry test these summer vacations but the deduction is quite horrible :(