• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yeah, I was moreorless going with the basic concept. I probably would have gotten it fully right if I read the elastic part of the question though. :p

Reaction score

The galvanometer is a sensitive detector of current. When it reads zero there is no current through the loop that includes battery E2. This means that the voltage across XT is equal to the voltage of E2. Current can only flow between two points in a circuit if there is a voltage difference between the two points. Knowing this voltage and the length XT you can find the voltage per unit length.

It is not enough to know the voltage of E1 because it is in series with a resistor and some unknown amount of the voltage of E1 is lost across the resistor. Therefore the answer is B

Reaction score
what is the effect of slit width (keeping the slit separation constant)on brightness of dark and bright fringes?.. in detail............

Reaction score
what is the effect of slit width (keeping the slit separation constant)on brightness of dark and bright fringes?.. in detail............
Reducing the slit width decreases brightness of the fringes. The reason is that less light is let through the slits and the overall intensity reduces.

Reaction score

If the width of the slits is increased then there is more light so bright fringes are brighter, with more light while dark areas remain the same. The fringe separation is the not affected by increasing the width of the slits. However the production of fringes depends on the diffraction of light by the slits.Increasing the width of the slits will decrease the amount of diffraction so that there will be fewer fringes. Decreasing the width of the fringes will have the opposite effects, less bright fringes but more fringes.

Reaction score
If the width of the slits is increased then there is more light so bright fringes are brighter, with more light while dark areas remain the same. The fringe separation is the not affected by increasing the width of the slits. However the production of fringes depends on the diffraction of light by the slits.Increasing the width of the slits will decrease the amount of diffraction so that there will be fewer fringes. Decreasing the width of the fringes will have the opposite effects, less bright fringes but more fringes.
If slit width is increased, fringe separation is reduced in accordance with the formula, x = (lambda)D/a, where x is the fringe separation and 'a' is the slit width. I agree with the rest. But since the effect on brightness is only asked, this point would be irrelevant. :)

Reaction score
If slit width is increased, fringe separation is reduced in accordance with the formula, x = (lambda)D/a, where x is the fringe separation and 'a' is the slit width. I agree with the rest. But since the effect on brightness is only asked, this point would be irrelevant. :)

'a' is the distance between the centres of the two slits. I don't think increasing slit width would have any effect on fringe separation.

Reaction score
A car travels one complete lap around a circular track at a constant speed of 120km/h.
Explain why values for the average speed and avg. velocity are different?

Reaction score
A car travels one complete lap around a circular track at a constant speed of 120km/h.
Explain why values for the average speed and avg. velocity are different?
speed is the rate of change of distance and velocity is rate of change of displacement hence involving direction! direction is always changing in the circular motion so you will get different velocity each time. whereas the speed remains same as no change in distance travelled in one lap

Reaction score
speed is the rate of change of distance and velocity is rate of change of displacement hence involving direction! direction is always changing in the circular motion so you will get different velocity each time. whereas the speed remains same as no change in distance travelled in one lap
One more thing, velocity is vector quantity and speed is scalar.

Reaction score
How do u find out the errors in the table values which u calculate and the error in the gradient?
Also what is meant by the worst acceptable line and the error bars?

Reaction score
worksheet number 6 , Q.11 b part, need help.

Attachments

• worksheet_1-10.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
Reaction score
Anybody have the answers for the End of Chapter Questions, and Exam Style Questions contained on this CD?
i have dat cd worksheets nd ms which comes along with the chadha's Cambridge endorsed buk..let me know if u need it.