• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hey i wana know wat distance to be used in order to determin initial horizontal velocity in projectile motion ? o_O if the time is given to us

Reaction score
In first part pointer has a deflection of 6.5 degrees so by finding out the arc lenth we will get the extension by
(6.5/360)x2pi(1.5)=0.17
ii)in second part we have to find out the strain which is
Extension/Original length
iii)stess
Force/area=(6.0x9.81)/(7.9x10^-7)=7.44x10^7 Pa
Then we have to find the Young modulus which =Stress/strain
in the last part their is NO extension if the pointer comes back to its position....

Reaction score
In first part pointer has a deflection of 6.5 degrees so by finding out the arc lenth we will get the extension by
(6.5/360)x2pi(1.5)=0.17
ii)in second part we have to find out the strain which is
Extension/Original length
iii)stess
Force/area=(6.0x9.81)/(7.9x10^-7)=7.44x10^7 Pa
Then we have to find the Young modulus which =Stress/strain
in the last part their is NO extension if the pointer comes back to its position....
dude, for the first part y we get the arc length? isn't it curved and extension can't be curved? it should be a straight line? :/

Reaction score
dude, for the first part y we get the arc length? isn't it curved and extension can't be curved? it should be a straight line? :/
extension is curved here the movement of pointer shows the extension so the only way to do is to get the arc lenth....
If you did this paper how did you got the absolute error in the first question of this paper??/

Reaction score
extension is curved here the movement of pointer shows the extension so the only way to do is to get the arc lenth....
If you did this paper how did you got the absolute error in the first question of this paper??/
i didn't do it skipped the q :p .. but dude this question we r talking about is confusing my ass..in the mark scheme it says u can use s = r x theta...y did they use sin ?

Reaction score
i didn't do it skipped the q :p .. but dude this question we r talking about is confusing my ass..in the mark scheme it says u can use s = r x theta...y did they use sin ?
sin is an alternative way to do this by by pyrhgras theoram it is not related with Rtheta

Reaction score
Reaction score

THe error is halved because look at the equation: V=pier2l. So r is 2 so that means we will have to divide by 2 to get the answer of R only not 2r. But i dont get why they are adding the uncertainties and then dividing them. Shouldnt they subtract the uncertainties like this: V-L=3.3-1.5/2 to get answer????

Reaction score