• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey guys!! This is highly important for Thursday!

What is the function of each of these 3 devices used in a mobile phone handset
-Series to Parallel
-Modulator
-Demodulator

Reaction score
Thank you sooooo much for both the questions!! You're so nice!! :')
And I figured out what I was doing wrong in this question I didnt do this step!!
P = 2.5 X 10^5 Pa

So that was the problem there,thanks again and may Allah bless you!!

Goku For Q2(a),
Number of atoms/particles = Number of moles X Avogadro's constant (The old formula we studied in O Levels applies here :p )
Anyway, we will be applying this formula to find the number of atoms of gas. We have the Avogadro's constant so we only need the number of moles of the gas.
Let's list the data we have.
P = 2.5 X 10^5 Pa
V = 4.5 X 10^3 cm^3 = 4.5 X 10^-3 m^3.
R = (value from data given in booklet) = 8.31 J/ K mol
T = 290 K
Put this into the Ideal gas equation PV = nRT and hence you get the value of n. Place this value of n into this equation Number of atoms/particles = Number of moles X Avogadro's constant and hence you get the answer. :)

Reaction score
october/november 2005 p1 no 18
pls explain.......

ok, the formula for pressure = density (rho) x g x h
they want us to find the depths at which both the liquids will have the same pressure acting on them.
the g = 9.81 ms^-2 for both
d for X >> 800 kgm^-3
d for Y >> 1200 kgm^-3

now for each option multiply the d, g and h to get the pressure
for A: x >> 8 x 9.81 x 800 = 62 784 and y >> 12 x 9.81 x 1200 = 141 264 ...they are not similar so eliminate A.
for B: x >> 10 x 9.81 x 800 = 78 480 and y >> 10 x 9.81 x 1200 = 117 720 ...they are not similar so eliminate B.
for C: x >> 15 x 9.81 x 800 = 117 720 and y >> 10 x 9.81 x 1200 = 117 720 ...they match! so C!

Reaction score
ok, the formula for pressure = density (rho) x g x h
they want us to find the depths at which both the liquids will have the same pressure acting on them.
the g = 9.81 ms^-2 for both
d for X >> 800 kgm^-3
d for Y >> 1200 kgm^-3

now for each option multiply the d, g and h to get the pressure
for A: x >> 8 x 9.81 x 800 = 62 784 and y >> 12 x 9.81 x 1200 = 141 264 ...they are not similar so eliminate A.
for B: x >> 10 x 9.81 x 800 = 78 480 and y >> 10 x 9.81 x 1200 = 117 720 ...they are not similar so eliminate B.
for C: x >> 15 x 9.81 x 800 = 117 720 and y >> 10 x 9.81 x 1200 = 117 720 ...they match! so C!

Reaction score
BettyBoop here, use the equation s = ut + 0.5 at ^2 and because the ball is dropped from rest >> u = o ms^-1
so s = 0.5 a t^2
rearrange and make a the subject of the formula >> a = 2s / t^2
now s = h
and t will be the difference in the squares of t1 and t2
so a = 2h / ( t1^2 - t2^2 )

Reaction score
Please help me friends : In the syllabus it says as such for the chapter communicating info. untitled.JPGwhich frequencies n wavelength r they asking for? Can someone please write them down here ? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Somebody please help me with this question. The answer is 20J but I don't know the process. Please answer along with the process.
50J of heat energy is supplied to a fixed mass of gas in a cylinder. The gas expands, doing 20J of work. Calculate the change in internal energy of the gas.

Reaction score

(i) Faraday's law :rate of change of flux proportional to induced EMF

Explanation: When the coil is placed such that its plane is perpendicular to the magnetic field, and is kept stationary, the coil will not cut magnetic lines of force. There will be no change in magnetic flux, hence induced EMF is zero.

(ii) Anything that would cause change in flux linkage of coil such using an A.C, moving coil, moving conductor, etc

Hope I helped!

Reaction score
(i) Faraday's law :rate of change of flux proportional to induced EMF

Explanation: When the coil is placed such that its plane is perpendicular to the magnetic field, and is kept stationary, the coil will not cut magnetic lines of force. There will be no change in magnetic flux, hence induced EMF is zero.

(ii) Anything that would cause change in flux linkage of coil such using an A.C, moving coil, moving conductor, etc

Hope I helped!

Thanx a lotttt sis! God bless you:):)

Reaction score
Somebody please help me with this question. The answer is 20J but I don't know the process. Please answer along with the process.
50J of heat energy is supplied to a fixed mass of gas in a cylinder. The gas expands, doing 20J of work. Calculate the change in internal energy of the gas.

Reaction score
Half wave rectifier circuit is used to rectify an a.c input voltage of 240 r.m.s. The output resistor has resistance 25kiloohm. Peak value of input voltage is 340V. Estimate the average current in the output resistor.
Somebody help me with this question please.

Reaction score
I am not sure if the answer is 20J. I'm going to write down everything I think makes sense.
Change in Internal Energy = Change in Heat Energy + Change in Work done by the system on the gas
= 50J + (-20J) = 30J :confused:

Reaction score
VelanedeBeaute did it correct i guess :/. Its like the 20J work is what *the gas does on the cylinder*, which is why it has to be subtracted.
If according to first law of thermodynamics, work done on gas is to be added, work done *by* the gas on the system is to be subtracted.