• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I did that before for the first one but I wasn't sure because it says draw arrows, so I should be drawing circles now? I know the right hand grip rule, and for the second one is it because the fact that if both wire have current in same direction, then they attract so I assumed that it is a Q to Y.

image.png

Reaction score
But the arrows are continuous in circle, how can we only assume downwards, if it is then I am thinking of the left hand rule rather than right hand rule

no the question say 'Magnetic Field At Q Due To current in XY' ...focus on the part 'AT Q' :)

Reaction score
But the arrows are continuous in circle, how can we only assume downwards, if it is then I am thinking of the left hand rule rather than right hand rule

you use flemings left hand rule for force once you know the DIRECTION OF FIELD AND CURRENT...or any two of the the three...here you know only the direction of current !

Reaction score
you use flemings left hand rule for force once you know the DIRECTION OF FIELD AND CURRENT...or any two of the the three...here you know only the direction of current !

So this is instantaneous, it changes every position, just like circular motion?

Reaction score
Y
Haha ok then my bad, so basically you stop at Q and see the arrow for the anticlockwise

YES :) we stop at Q..at every new point around wire XY the direction of Magnetic feild is different...but you would rather not say instantaneous..as the direction magnetic field for a point around wire XY say same throughout until the current in wire XY is switched OFF !

Reaction score
Y

YES :) we stop at Q..at every new point around wire XY the direction of Magnetic feild is different...but you would rather not say instantaneous..as the direction magnetic field for a point around wire XY say same throughout until the current in wire XY is switched OFF !

Thanks, you're definitely getting A* (y)

Reaction score
Hi is there anyway I can get sample results so I can practice drawing graphs for paper 3 for AS Physics.

Reaction score
A2 Physics, Oct/Nov 2009 Variant 41 Q 10.
I don't get which resistors we use for the calculation of the pd across the inverting and non inverting inputs.

Reaction score
I got the first part of the question correct but then in the second one, I tried to Force by the 1.4nC = Force by the 1.6 nC but then I don't know whether it is in equilibrium then I tried using ratio and proportionality like doubling the force I got from the previous question. I really don't get the question. How can we picture it first of all? Please help.

IMG_20130423_190305.jpg

Reaction score
SOME HELP HERE! FOR A2 PHYSICS!!(Paper 4)

I m confused whether my answers r ryt n also cudnt answer the last 2! Help please... Would be very grateful! :)

Q.In each of the following cases, state what provides the centripetal force:
  1. Moon orbiting the Earth
  2. A car round a bend on a flat,rough road
  3. The weight on the end of a swinging pendulum.
  4. A planet orbiting the Sun
  5. A child on a playground roundabout
  6. A train on a curved track
  7. A passenger going in a car going round a corner.

Ans. a.The gravitational pull of earth on moon
b. The frictional force of the wheel on the road.
c. Tension on the spring supporting the pendulum
d. the pull of the sun on the planet
e. Tension on the string of the roundabout
f.
g.

Reaction score
Can someone please reason out the answers in this question paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 9702_w10_qp_22.pdf
    147.5 KB · Views: 5