• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
1 ci) since your're asked to find the change in gravitational potential, use this formula: -GM/r
so it'll be:
(6.67*10^-11 * 6*10^24) / (6.4*6 - 1.3*10^7) = -6.06*10^7 (i'm not sure about the answer)
the radius's have been changed to meters

2 b) not so sure, sorry

5 di) since it's an alpha particle it will deflect upwards, but not so much.
dii) since it's a beta particle, it will deflect downwards. the deflection will be large.
i think it's like this:
phy 003.jpg

hope u got it :)

Reaction score
for question 2b...
ok, so final temperature is mpt of gold, which is 1340
also, 5% of mixture will be silver, so 95% will be gold
formula used heat=mcdt, during change in state=mlf
dT(change in temp)= (whatever very high temp of gold which we don't knw of) - 1340
the heat lost by the gold=the heat gained by the silver(given that no heat is lost to the surroundings)
heat lost by gold=(0.95m x 129 x dT)
heat gained by silver: so we have to heat silver till it is solid at its mpt. then heat more until it is liquid at its mpt. THEN heat more for it to reach mpt of gold
therefore, heat gained by silver=(o.o5m x 235 x (1240-(27+273.15))) + (0.05m x 105 x 1000) + (0.05m x 235 x (1340-1240))
equate both these and m will cancel out, and tada!! dT=143K(3sf)
dT=initial temp of gold when silver was added-1340
thus ans=143+1340=1483
and here, dear friend, is the most simple and comprehensive way that i could explain a question like that. But don't hesitate to ask anything u don't understand in what i've scribbled up top :D

Reaction score
Hi guys.Can anyone solve my problem here.For the picture i post below,did i draw it rightly in terms that there is only one force acting between moon n earth n that is ONLY an attractive force

Attachments

• vbc.png
    vbc.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Hi guys.Can anyone solve my problem here.For the picture i post below,did i draw it rightly in terms that there is only one force acting between moon n earth n that is ONLY an attractive force

Sorry guys i just google searched n saw this picture but i dont reallly understand why it is saif that the force acting for moon is opposite for the force acting on earth.Anybody can help me.Thanks.

Attachments

• sdf.png
    sdf.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Sorry guys i just google searched n saw this picture but i dont reallly understand why it is saif that the force acting for moon is opposite for the force acting on earth.Anybody can help me.Thanks.
i think it is the fact that Earth's gravitational force is acting on the moon which is towards the center of the Earth (direction) whilethe moon's gravitational force acts on the Earth and is towards the center of the moon .... thus being opposite. just a theory... i'm not confirm.

Reaction score
maximum possible I2 is possible when the potentiometer is set at its highest resistance value such that no current passes through the potentiometer... ALL the current of the circuit is passing through the fixed resistor as I2.
The least I2 is when the potentiometer is set at its least value. Calculate the current passing through the potentiometer and the fixed resistor relatively. Remember that the Voltage is same for both ; the potentiometer as well as the fixed resistor.

If you don't get it then tell me :)

Reaction score
maximum possible I2 is possible when the potentiometer is set at its highest resistance value such that no current passes through the potentiometer... ALL the current of the circuit is passing through the fixed resistor as I2.
The least I2 is when the potentiometer is set at its least value. Calculate the current passing through the potentiometer and the fixed resistor relatively. Remember that the Voltage is same for both ; the potentiometer as well as the fixed resistor.

If you don't get it then tell me :)
Thanku so much :)

Reaction score
Can anyone please ans me why the magnitute of induced emf increases in the coil when it is rotated when it is places beside a current carring wire ? Do more magnetism flux linkage are cut when coil is rotated ?

Reaction score
#h
Hi everyone, AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb...

To get things organized in a better way, I am making this thread. As othewise, some queries remain unanswered!

So post your PHYSICS doubts in this thread. InshaAllah other people here will help me and you all. :D ;)

NOTE: If any doubts in the pastpapers, please post the link! You can find links here!

Any Physics related notes and links will be added here in this post. Feel free to provide the links to your notes around the forum, or any other websites! :)
Thanks!
Jazak Allah Khair!

Physics Notes:

Some links & Notes - by destined007

As physics p1 MCQS YEARLY Solved [explaination]
Physics Practical Tips - by arlery

Notes for A2 Direct Sensing (Applications) - shared by sweetiepie

Physics Summarised Notes (Click to download)

AS and A-Level Physics Definitions

A2: Physics Revision notes - by smzimran

Paper:5 Finding uncerainty in log - by XPFMember

Physics Paper 5 tips - by arlery

Physics Compiled Pastpapers: <Credits to CaptainDanger for sharing this..>

Here are the compiled A level topical Physics questions in PDF form...

Paper 1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?tocg6ha6ihkwd

Paper 2 & Paper 4 : http://www.mediafire.com/?g65j51stacmy33c

(Source : http://www.alevelforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14)[/quote
Hi everyone, AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb...

To get things organized in a better way, I am making this thread. As othewise, some queries remain unanswered!

So post your PHYSICS doubts in this thread. InshaAllah other people here will help me and you all. :D ;)

NOTE: If any doubts in the pastpapers, please post the link! You can find links here!

Any Physics related notes and links will be added here in this post. Feel free to provide the links to your notes around the forum, or any other websites! :)
Thanks!
Jazak Allah Khair!

Physics Notes:

Some links & Notes - by destined007

As physics p1 MCQS YEARLY Solved [explaination]
Physics Practical Tips - by arlery

Notes for A2 Direct Sensing (Applications) - shared by sweetiepie

Physics Summarised Notes (Click to download)

AS and A-Level Physics Definitions

A2: Physics Revision notes - by smzimran

Paper:5 Finding uncerainty in log - by XPFMember

Physics Paper 5 tips - by arlery

Physics Compiled Pastpapers: <Credits to CaptainDanger for sharing this..>

Here are the compiled A level topical Physics questions in PDF form...

Paper 1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?tocg6ha6ihkwd

Paper 2 & Paper 4 : http://www.mediafire.com/?g65j51stacmy33c

(Source : http://www.alevelforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14)
When a body accelerates from rest would the net resultant force acting on it remain constant or is it going to increase