• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
9702/w16/51
qtn 2 how to make the error bars
will it be horizontal or vertical as usual....how to do it can anyone plzz show
can someone plzz solve the complete qtn 2
it will be horizontal , it says show error bars for X (it is in x-axis ). for thing like this try to understand rather than remembering things . there is uncertainty in the value of X so we draw error bars to show the maximum or minimum value it can go from the accurate value .

Reaction score
Hi
Can you guys help me out with paper 3 ,I have a simple question.
What do i have to keep in mind while taking readings from instruments?
Like measuring masses or time ,Is it always good to round off numbers during measurements for final readings at the start of Question 1 or 2 ?

Reaction score
9702_w12_qp_43
qtn 7 b(ii)
can anyone plzz explain me this
if u remember in AS the wave chapter , for a visible fringe to be seen the wavelength of light should be almost equal to the slit space . so here the electron is replaced with light and the crystal acts like a slit as it has space between them , the space(separation of crystal ) is about the size of wavelength so can be used in electron diffraction.

Reaction score
Help please?
Need help with question number 2 c (ii) from paper 22 of summer 2012.
I've attached the question.
Would highly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Help please?
Need help with question number 2 c (ii) from paper 22 of summer 2012.
I've attached the question.
Would highly appreciate any help. Thanks!
The Potential Energy of the ball when it is at A changes to Kinetic Energy as the ball accelerates downwards (It's velocity increases, so KE also increases). After the ball hits the ground, it rebounds upwards with decreasing velocity and increasing height, so KE changes to Potential Energy.

Reaction score
Al Salamou alaikom,
What is the number of Decimal Places to put our answer for VOLTAGE to in Paper 3 Practical when we put the Voltmeter/Multimeter to the 20V setting.
P.S. in the multimter, when we put setting to 20V, it gives us a reading with 2 d.p. i.e. 5.36 V so should we put our answer to 1 or 2 or no d.p.

Reaction score
The Potential Energy of the ball when it is at A changes to Kinetic Energy as the ball accelerates downwards (It's velocity increases, so KE also increases). After the ball hits the ground, it rebounds upwards with decreasing velocity and increasing height, so KE changes to Potential Energy.
Thanks! :D

Reaction score
Al Salamou alaikom,
What is the number of Decimal Places to put our answer for VOLTAGE to in Paper 3 Practical when we put the Voltmeter/Multimeter to the 20V setting.
P.S. in the multimter, when we put setting to 20V, it gives us a reading with 2 d.p. i.e. 5.36 V so should we put our answer to 1 or 2 or no d.p.
better if you use 5.36V