• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics practical grams or kg?

Reaction score
guys if u use grams and meters in ure practical exam, not kilograms and meters, do you lose marks and if yes how many? .................thx

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. But your calculations and units at the end should've been calculated accordingly.

Reaction score
I don't think it will be a problem. I used centimeters for the 2nd question.

Reaction score
someone plz confirm. for eg: on the graph cause i got such small values so i put the valuse as xx to the power of -4 for it to look neat.
so all my values are meter/grams so will i be penalized for this, cause some ppl said it has to be meter/kilograms THX

Reaction score
Even in the first part of the first question, they have asked the height in meters. So you should use meters for the whole question.

There were 3 or 4 friends I knew, who have done Q1 like you. They asked our physics teacher, she told it will not be a problem.

As far as I know, it will be okay, but im not sure though, anyone confirm it?

Reaction score
Even in the first part of the first question, they have asked the height in meters. So you should use meters for the whole question.

There were 3 or 4 friends I knew, who have done Q1 like you. They asked our physics teacher, she told it will not be a problem.

As far as I know, it will be okay, but im not sure though, anyone confirm it?
your friends used grams and meters

Reaction score
hey, what if my value of gradient was wrong due to some silly mistake in calculation, but i did further calculations from the gradient correct although my final answer was wrong due to value of gradient... do i get any marks for trying?

Reaction score
hey, what if my value of gradient was wrong due to some silly mistake in calculation, but i did further calculations from the gradient correct although my final answer was wrong due to value of gradient... do i get any marks for trying?
its not about the final answer its about u using the change in y/change in x with ure values

Reaction score
its not about the final answer its about u using the change in y/change in x with ure values
And i also did the second exp wrong by performing both the experiments in the same cup mistakenly, thus one of my readings was wrong, but does it affect my further calculations and answers?

Reaction score
Read part (e) in this mark scheme... Units are s/m OR s/cm OR s/mm... The S.I unit is m, so if the mark scheme allows you to use mm or cm, then i doubt if there will be a problem in using g or kg, as long as you did the calculations and everything according to those readings (your own ones).

Attachments

• 9702_s11_ms_35.pdf
    105.2 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
And i also did the second exp wrong by performing both the experiments in the same cup mistakenly, thus one of my readings was wrong, but does it affect my further calculations and answers?
yes lol the purpose of the experiment was to use different cups, u will lose all the marks for the second recording where u had to use the bowl, did u not read the question

Reaction score
yes lol the purpose of the experiment was to use different cups, u will lose all the marks for the second recording where u had to use the bowl, did u not read the question
now that i think of it, i couldn't have been any more stupid, i mean yeah i do lose those 4 marks, but what about the value of k and other stuff? my method was correct but hope this mistake doesnt cost me much :/

Reaction score
now that i think of it, i couldn't have been any more stupid, i mean yeah i do lose those 4 marks, but what about the value of k and other stuff? my method was correct but hope this mistake doesnt cost me much :/
thats very tricky its up to the examiner as i doubt they thought someone would use the same cup :( so maybe if ure lucky cause at the end u didnt prove anything u did the same experiment twice so ure k values are invalid as they would be almost the same.