• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 4 JUNE 11/6/12

How well did you do on the exam?

• Total voters
Reaction score
no, the pressure at sea level is 1 atm so thats why :)
thnx alot :) ok in q(24) whn they ask assumption why the gas is nt an ideal gas? and jst 1 more last thng im soo sry i did it my ans came correct bt im nt sure abt the way i wrote the steps can u show me how u write the steps for jan 2012 Q(11)

Reaction score
thnx alot :) ok in q(24) whn they ask assumption why the gas is nt an ideal gas? and jst 1 more last thng im soo sry i did it my ans came correct bt im nt sure abt the way i wrote the steps can u show me how u write the steps for jan 2012 Q(11)
ur welcome ;)
I dint understand what ur asking abt the ideal gas sorry :oops:

sure, gimme 2 sec pls :)

Reaction score
ur welcome ;)
I dint understand what ur asking abt the ideal gas sorry :oops:

sure, gimme 2 sec pls :)
in Q(24) they ask calculation then assumption so they wrote in the mark scheme tht its nt an ideal gas bt i didn kno y its nt an ideal gas

Reaction score
U need to use the formula g = GM/r^2
if the field is 6 times greater then the radius will be (6^2) = 36 times greater :)

Reaction score
in Q(24) they ask calculation then assumption so they wrote in the mark scheme tht its nt an ideal gas bt i didn kno y its nt an ideal gas
oh ur asking abt the assuumption? Well there is no ideal ideal gas since there are forces between the particles n stuff :)

Reaction score
U need to use the formula g = GM/r^2
if the field is 6 times greater then the radius will be (6^2) = 36 times greater :)
ok bt the point im confused of nw is whn they ask ths is greater than ths in like 6 times so the 6 shld be beside the g 4 earth or moon?

Reaction score
ok bt the point im confused of nw is whn they ask ths is greater than ths in like 6 times so the 6 shld be beside the g 4 earth or moon?
g beside the moon :) The g on moon is less because its mass is much smaller ;)

Reaction score
ok then y in the pressure que the 0.001 was beside the sea? im really nw confused in these:(
u need to read the question carefully n think ;) Even if u miss it in the question, u know that g is less on the moon, and u know that pressure decreses as we go up :) Just read the question again n see if ur answer makes sense (y)

Reaction score
u need to read the question carefully n think ;) Even if u miss it in the question, u know that g is less on the moon, and u know that pressure decreses as we go up :) Just read the question again n see if ur answer makes sense (y)
:)thnx alot :) and ur doin phy or bio nw?

Reaction score
U think? :rolleyes: :p I'd be jumping about if I had :p

I have Astrophysics left still, the Stars Life cycle part and a bit of gas laws... wat abt u? :)
i ned 2 revise 4 hubbles constant and also stars a bit. i still hve sme ques's im unable 2 solve:( and nuclear physics lil only and thermal phy also i hve 2 read once again and thts all wat i can do