• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 4 JUNE 11/6/12

How well did you do on the exam?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sorry but would u mind giving me the question paper too? The place where I usually get my stuff from is blocked for some reason by my server :S Thanks a lot ^_^
ya sure and sory 4 the late response actually nw i logged on again :)

Attachments

• Physics_QP_Jan_2012.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
Reaction score
evrythng abt them
:LOL: okay :p I'll tell u what i know :)

Standard candles r bright stars which are at known distances from the earth and their luminosity is fixed throughout the universe (for example, Supernovas are considered standard candles). If there is a star near a standard candle, we can compare it's luminosity with that of the candle and use this to estimate its distance from the earth. (using F = L/(4 * pi * d^2) the "F" can be estimated by comparison with a standard candle.)

Reaction score
:LOL: okay :p I'll tell u what i know :)

Standard candles r bright stars which are at known distances from the earth and their luminosity is fixed throughout the universe (for example, Supernovas are considered standard candles). If there is a star near a standard candle, we can compare it's luminosity with that of the candle and use this to estimate its distance from the earth. (using F = L/(4 * pi * d^2) the "F" can be estimated by comparison with a standard candle.)
thnx alot :)

Reaction score
so they'll gve us ryt? cuz then there r 2 variables and no temp is given and wat they mean by pv=constant?
yeah they will ;) otherwise u can make a guess that it's around 289K :)
That the product of is constant :) Its the same ideal gas equation as we did pv = nKT