• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Please someone help me...

Reaction score
What should I do now? I haven't given O'level bio or computing and according to the equivalnce rule, any of the 2 are compulsory to study engineering in pakistan. I had taken computing in 10th grade but then i left it. At that time i didnot know of any such thing as equivalance and wasn't even sure of what to do in future, so I just didn't pay attention to this. Nobody told me about the subjects that are compulsory for Pakistan and i made the wrong choice. What to do now?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
What should I do now? I haven't given O'level bio or computing and according to the equivalnce rule, any of the 2 are compulsory to study engineering in pakistan. I had taken computing in 10th grade but then i left it. At that time i didnot know of any such thing as equivalance and wasn't even sure of what to do in future, so I just didn't pay attention to this. Nobody told me about the subjects that are compulsory for Pakistan and i made the wrong choice. What to do now?

Find a uni that doesn' t ask for equivalance... like I've heard that NED has seperate seats for A-level students so they require no eq..... (do check it out since I've only heard this stuff frm some1)
or give one of those papers... computer is pretty easy I think....

Reaction score
give those papers in may/june 2013 session :)

N.M

Reaction score
I think O levels equivalency is required like everywhere so you should give 1 of those pprs...

Find a uni that doesn' t ask for equivalance... like I've heard that NED has seperate seats for A-level students so they require no eq..... (do check it out since I've only heard this stuff frm some1)
or give one of those papers... computer is pretty easy I think....

For NED u both O n A level equivalency is required(it's mentioned on there site)
Yeah NED does have separate seats for A'levels but like only 2 or 3 in the whole department n for some departments there are no seats for A levels!
Like there are around 1350 total seats for intermediate students and for A levels students less then 20...
They have very unfair quota system... :-/

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I think O levels equivalency is required like everywhere so you should give 1 of those pprs...

For NED u both O n A level equivalency is required(it's mentioned on there site)
Yeah NED does have separate seats for A'levels but like only 2 or 3 in the whole department n for some departments there are no seats for A levels!
Like there are around 1350 total seats for intermediate students and for A levels students less then 20...
They have very unfair quota system... :-/

what's the point of seperate seats if they need equivalancy..?? :confused: so I believed in wht I heard frm that some1 as it made more sense....

oh.. that is sad indeed.. anyway, you aim for the top.. insha'Allah u can do it (if that is among ur aims)..

N.M

Reaction score
what's the point of seperate seats if they need equivalancy..?? :confused: so I believed in wht I heard frm that some1 as it made more sense....

oh.. that is sad indeed.. anyway, you aim for the top.. insha'Allah u can do it (if that is among ur aims)..

I know! they have their own rules n policies...
They select the students for those seats on A levels quota on bases of ur test n equivalency... Equivalency is a must for NED!

Yeah right, but it's then when you aim for it,but sadly NED is out of my list... :D

Reaction score
In my opinion, ur best bet is to give those subjects if u dnt plan on going outside pak

Reaction score
well just like badrobot14 said that try NED for uni it has 53 seperate seats for A lvls , actually most of the unis do, but there are more seats for local boards!! btw have you given A levels??
and if yes then my friend...youll have to apply for A level seats!!
if not try the local cuisine = local board!!
which i did cuz then you have a better a chance to make it to Unis like NED!! ;)
Best of Luck !! (Y)

Reaction score
The best thing for you would be to forget about those low ranked Pakistani universities and think about studying abroad! :D

Reaction score
shud i even begin listing daown BDs univs? :D
Dude South Asian universities are pretty dumb! :p Neither Pakistan nor Bangladesh have proper universities which rank in top 200! So I don't like any universities in this part of the world. Btw BUET ranks somewhere between 250 to 300 for engineering. Its a Bangladeshi university. What's the ranking of LUMS and other Pak universities you mentioned? :p

Reaction score
And wat abt the countries in wch u are sending merce to study?
america is very innnocent arent they.

Reaction score
Lol guys act like educated people with patience. None of us was pretty much there to witness or to influence 1971, that was something bound to happen so leave it like that.

As far as education is concerned true, subcontinent universities are behind, but again, when did the british settlers leave the subcontinet ? 1940s ? it's still a young place and it will take some centuries for the education to come to international standards

Reaction score
Well comming back to topic. I was the one who also did not gave bio. or computer... :) still in 2012 the late A2 time :) i get consciousness :D and appeared for bio. in less than two months :) i got a grade B that was good enuf.. :) at that time :) so u can do that :) no bad mate :) do not sucide ... u have much to face :)