• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Poetry! =P

Reaction score
Sorry to point it out but according to Forum Rules No. 1 part (f), it is clearly mentioned, 'Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.'
I hope you guys understand and mods, please do check in. :)

Reaction score
Why I am still living

It isn't that i can't live without you,
It's just that you make my life worth living
It isn't that i can't smile without you,
It's just that you make my smile worth smiling
It isn't that i can't think without you,
It's just that you make my thoughts worth thinking,

And so i won't think and i won't smile,
Because it's not worth doing...
But i have to continue living,
'cause i'm waiting for your comming...

Reaction score
talaatam mein kinara dondhta hai
samundar mein sahaara dondhta hai
na samajho tum keh taufaan tham gaya hai
yeh maujoun ka ishara dondhta hai
mera zauq-janoon-be-khudi ab
meri rag rag mein para dondhta hai
bja hai jo nasheman bijliyo mein
woh ab koi shara dondhta hai
WOH JIS NE GHUM NA DEKHA ZINDAGI BHER
WOHI MARNE KA CHAARA DONDHTA HAI

Reaction score
hawa ke hatho ki meherbaani se der gae hai
yeh phool khusbo ki raigaani se der gae hai
hume bhi rukhsat ki rasme kuch to nibhana thi
tumhari aankhon mein aye paani se der gae hai
yeh teer jitne fza mein aa ker teher gae hai
kisi parinday ki be zubaani se der gae hai
abhi to dil ko udaas kerti nahi hai shaamein
abhi se kiyo ghum ki hukemraani se der gae hai
humme bhi sahil pe geet likhna tha seepyo se
magr hawaon ki meherbaani se der gae hai

Reaction score
Adam's Curse

We sat together at one summer's end,
That beautiful mild woman, your close friend,
And you and I, and talked of poetry.
I said, "A line will take us hours maybe;
Yet if it does not seem a moment's thought,
Our stitching and unstitching has been naught.
Better go down upon your marrow-bones
And scrub a kitchen pavement, or break stones
Like an old pauper, in all kinds of weather;
For to articulate sweet sounds together
Is to work harder than all these, and yet
Be thought an idler by the noisy set
Of bankers, schoolmasters, and clergymen
The martyrs call the world."
(W B Yeats)​

Reaction score
Sorry to point it out but according to Forum Rules No. 1 part (f), it is clearly mentioned, 'Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.'
I hope you guys understand and mods, please do check in. :)
This is an english community but the poetry thread no where indicates the language which is to be used. Secondly like you said, international community means people from the world so it would be appropriate to use the custom local language, thirdly this is a chat sections and we aren't discussing studies. :) Do read the rules.

Reaction score
This is an english community but the poetry thread no where indicates the language which is to be used. Secondly like you said, international community means people from the world so it would be appropriate to use the custom local language, thirdly this is a chat sections and we aren't discussing studies. :) Do read the rules.

Yes. Exactly. I READ the rules. It nowhere indicates one is allowed to post in any other language than English. If the majority here knows Urdu, that doesn't mean one is allowed to post in the Language. One should still keep in mind all the rules and regulations.
You're a mod man. Didn't expect this from you. :)

Reaction score
Yes. Exactly. I READ the rules. It nowhere indicates one is allowed to post in any other language than English. If the majority here knows Urdu, that doesn't mean one is allowed to post in the Language. One should still keep in mind all the rules and regulations.
You're a mod man. Didn't expect this from you. :)
c. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
^^ Reading this is what I meant. Yes, english should be used in the places where terms of communication is being meant. For recreational activities and enjoyemenet, however, any other langugage can be used. Specially Chat and Off-topic. :)

Reaction score
c. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
^^ Reading this is what I meant. Yes, english should be used in the places where terms of communication is being meant. For recreational activities and enjoyemenet, however, any other langugage can be used. Specially Chat and Off-topic. :)

Hahahaha. Okay, I will use the so-called report post button then.