• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Poetry! =P

Reaction score
I myself dont completely know yet...
It is an old Japanese style of poetry they mostly used to write about seasons and nature....but now its changed people write about anything...and everything...
There is pattern though...three lines...seventeen syllables
1st line has 5 then 7 then 5!
Lol...sounds complicated.
Im not tht gud tll now...poets go on for days nd days over a specific poem. I just take a max of 20 mins, i dont even polish or go through the verses...its just a period where u want to vent ur feelings...nd it cms out in form of a poem.

Reaction score
Lol...sounds complicated.
Im not tht gud tll now...poets go on for days nd days over a specific poem. I just take a max of 20 mins, i dont even polish or go through the verses...its just a period where u want to vent ur feelings...nd it cms out in form of a poem.
It is but then some people say just try and you'll do it...I want ti try but I guess I'm just lazy and a person who doesn't like following the rules XD But there is more to it then 17 syllables...usually the first two lines have a story to tell BUT the LAST line just wows you...

Yes see that is why I don't like being POET/POETESS and WRITER....those are HUGE titles which I don't deserve!...I know people are trying to be supportiv and stuff but still...they < people who write> work hard in editing and perfecting....I on the other hand don't...I just put it how it is...

How long did it take for you to write that one^?

Reaction score
It is but then some people say just try and you'll do it...I want ti try but I guess I'm just lazy and a person who doesn't like following the rules XD But there is more to it then 17 syllables...usually the first two lines have a story to tell BUT the LAST line just wows you...

Yes see that is why I don't like being POET/POETESS and WRITER....those are HUGE titles which I don't deserve!...I know people are trying to be supportiv and stuff but still...they < people who write> work hard in editing and perfecting....I on the other hand don't...I just put it how it is...

How long did it take for you to write that one^?
We r AL students...wth stress level equal to that of Psycho patients in 1950...we dnt have tym fr ths :p

Exactly!

20 mins :)

Reaction score
YEP!! Not Haikus maybe..... but normal English/Urdu poetry....it just comes... you cant stop it :p

Thats pretty good! Your vocab seems awesome...
Ikr...just fr a few mins...more like a revelation of sm sort

Thnk u...but fr sm words i use Thesaurus dictionary to giv it diversity