• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post Your AS LEVEL PHYSICS PAPER 2 DOUBTS

Reaction score
Harmonic is the first ever wave thing produced so over here it is an antinode and node which lambda/4 and this in other words is also called the fundamental frequency meaning lowest frequency
Still, kinda don't get it. I read up some stuff on harmonics and it sort of understand the concept but I don't understand how you got lambda/4.

Reaction score
didn't u draw da diagram dey asked 2 dats how i got it
I did. I drew an anti-node at the open end of the tube, a node at the piston end and a 2nd anti-node and node in the middle of them like this:

(open end of tube) A...N...A...N (end of tube)

..I know the first harmonic has the lowest frequency but I thought it's supposed to be 0.5 lambda.. how did you get 0.25 lambda?

Reaction score
for da first one S1 is opened and it is the main switch so if it is open the power in the whole circuit will also be zero
for da second one current always takes the path with the least resistance in dis case it goes through the loop with th B heater so power is 240^2/38.4=1.5kw
u'll take sum of the resistance as i said current always takes the path with the least resistance in dis case it goes through the loop with th B heater and the C heater which are parallel 2 each other so resistance on parallel is 38.4 x 38.4/38.4 + 38.4=19.2 so power = voltage^2/resistance=240^2/19.2=3kw
for da third onewell this pretty easy as it is a normal series circuit so u add the resistance 38.4+38.4=76.8 then u find the power=240 squared /76.8=0.75kw
u find total resistance first which is 76.8 x 38.4/76.8 + 38.4=25.6 now find power 240 squared /25.6 =2.25kw
Sorry but I didnt quite understand, what is the path with the least resistance :| ? How would I know which path has the least resistance? current here is anticlockwise correct?

Reaction score
Sorry but I didnt quite understand, what is the path with the least resistance :| ? How would I know which path has the least resistance? current here is anticlockwise correct?
who cares path with the least resistance will include the path with only one heater imagine the current following through both heaters and one heater where is resistance less one heater or two one right ??? so it goes round da loop with the heater B

Reaction score
Hey everyone, in my answers I always get them right its just that I dont get them in the exact figure they state in the marks scheme. for example I calculated a density & its uncertainity as :4.9x10^-7 +- 3.97x10^-8
While the answer in the mark scheme was 3.9x10^-7 +- 0.4x10^-7
Will they give me the mark for my answer? And if not please someone tell me the amount of significant figures or how im supposed to give my numerical answers usually, exam's tomorrow so answer asap please and thankyou!

Reaction score
who cares path with the least resistance will include the path with only one heater imagine the current following through both heaters and one heater where is resistance less one heater or two one right ??? so it goes round da loop with the heater B
Thankyou so much!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, in my answers I always get them right its just that I dont get them in the exact figure they state in the marks scheme. for example I calculated a density & its uncertainity as :4.9x10^-7 +- 3.97x10^-8
While the answer in the mark scheme was 3.9x10^-7 +- 0.4x10^-7
Will they give me the mark for my answer? And if not please someone tell me the amount of significant figures or how im supposed to give my numerical answers usually, exam's tomorrow so answer asap please and thankyou!
for the final answers its usually 2 or 3s.f.and if u need to solve a question using an answer u get use 5 s.f.

Reaction score
q2c
it is less dense so there will be more effect of air resistance so speed decreases therefore the gap between the images will be lesser as it will be falling slower than the first ball.
6d
resistance between A and C not equal to resistance between C and B
current in wire AC × R is not equal to current in wire BC × R(i dont noe wat is there 2 explain in dis sum)
7b)ii)i dunt get u it

Reaction score
can u explain the whole of this question? w07_qp_2----- question 5 a) b) c)

Thanks!

Reaction score
q2c
it is less dense so there will be more effect of air resistance so speed decreases therefore the gap between the images will be lesser as it will be falling slower than the first ball.
6d
resistance between A and C not equal to resistance between C and B
current in wire AC × R is not equal to current in wire BC × R(i dont noe wat is there 2 explain in dis sum)
7b)ii)i dunt get u it
thanks a bunch. some more:-

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w09_qp_22.pdf
Q.6 c) resistance of
each lamp / Ω in parallel and combined resistance in parallel . i didn't got these two values right.

Reaction score
can anybody list all the estimations important for as level physics p2 means tomorrow's exam .... ASAP ??

Reaction score
can u explain the whole of this question? w07_qp_2----- question 5 a) b) c)

Thanks!
a)it is lagging pie/3 times so u start the drawing lyk dat and den intensity calculation??????
b)λ = ax / D this is the formula u shuld noe it by heart
540 × 10–9 = (0.700 × 10–3 x) / 2.75
=2.12 x 10^-3 m
=2.12 mm
c)i)the brighter fringes become brighter as more thickness to deflect through and darkness doesn't increase so no change
ii)increase in gap soo more place for light to place through so more fringes hence separation between them decreases

Reaction score