• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post Your AS LEVEL PHYSICS PAPER 2 DOUBTS

Reaction score
help quickyly please: How to take out terminal p.d Is there a formula for it
If the current of a wire increases, why does it short b/c its resistance should decrease right because current is increasing. And does I and R have inverse relationship and can anybody give examples as when to use it
wat do u mean by how 2 take out terminal pd????

Reaction score
hey, could you please help me with question 2 part d(ii) Nov 2007
power = force x velocity (this is a formula u shuld noe)
u noe the force accelerating da boy is 75N and the resistive force is -23N negative because it is acting in opposite direction so to get the total force acting on the boy u subtract 75--23=98N and speed is 4.5 m s–1 so 98 x 4.5 =440W

Reaction score
power = force x velocity (this is a formula u shuld noe)
u noe the force accelerating da boy is 75N and the resistive force is -23N negative because it is acting in opposite direction so to get the total force acting on the boy u subtract 75--23=98N and speed is 4.5 m s–1 so 98 x 4.5 =440W
ohh ok! thanks i was confused with the signs.
Thanks a lot :D

Reaction score
sorry apple pie i meant 6
6c)acceleration of alpha/acceleration of beta
a=F/m F=Eq
sooo neglect it E it eventually cancels out
so alpha acceler..... 1st:
alpha is helium nucleus so 2 proton 2 neutron
2 x 1.6 x 10 ^-19/4 x 1.67 x 10 ^-27 = 4.79 x 10^7
beta acelerat....
beta is an electron
1.6 x 10 ^-19/9.11 x 10^-31=1.76 x 10^11
so 4.79 x 10^7/1.76 x 10^11=2.7 x 10 ^-4

Reaction score
ok for diffraction of transverse waves
use a laser screen and a slit and pass the laser through the slits as the light passes through the slit it is diffracted so it spreads out onto the screen showing diffraction of transverse waves
for diffraction of longitudinal waves instead of using a screen and a laser use a c.r.o to detect the sound wave and a loudspeaker as a source of longitudinal wave

Reaction score
ok for diffraction of transverse waves
use a laser screen and a slit and pass the laser through the slits as the light passes through the slit it is diffracted so it spreads out onto the screen showing diffraction of transverse waves
for diffraction of longitudinal waves instead of using a screen and a laser use a c.r.o to detect the sound wave and a loudspeaker as a source of longitudinal wave
Hmm, okay. Thanks. ^^

BTW, one more question (it's kind of related):
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w09_qp_21.pdf

Q5 (c)

Reaction score
I did. I drew an anti-node at the open end of the tube, a node at the piston end and a 2nd anti-node and node in the middle of them like this:

(open end of tube) A...N...A...N (end of tube)

..I know the first harmonic has the lowest frequency but I thought it's supposed to be 0.5 lambda.. how did you get 0.25 lambda?
there shuld only b A N A the distance between N and A is 0.4 lambda

Reaction score
ok for diffraction
use a laser screen and a slit and pass the laser through the slits as the light passes through the slit it is diffracted so it spreads out onto the screen showing diffraction
interference
a coherent light source such as a laser beam and let it pass through two parallel slits, and the light passing through the slits is observed on a screen behind the plate. The wave nature of light causes the light waves passing through the two slits to interfere, producing bright and dark fringes on the screen
I HOPE U CAN DRAW THEM URSELF :)

Reaction score
ok for diffraction
use a laser screen and a slit and pass the laser through the slits as the light passes through the slit it is diffracted so it spreads out onto the screen showing diffraction
interference
a coherent light source such as a laser beam and let it pass through two parallel slits, and the light passing through the slits is observed on a screen behind the plate. The wave nature of light causes the light waves passing through the two slits to interfere, producing bright and dark fringes on the screen
I HOPE U CAN DRAW THEM URSELF :)
Yes, I can. Thanks. :)

Reaction score
hey w11/p23 ...Q3 c(i) .....how is the striking speed 13 ,shouldn't it be 7.5 since the vertical velocity is zero?