• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
Consider the equation where
The more reactive halogen displaces the less reactive one.Since,iodine is nearly the least reactive so it can't displace any halogen ,except At which is rarely used,..
So X2 is Chlorine..
Consider chlorine is passed through aqueous potassium iodide,the result will be potassium chloride and iodine(in solution)..
Potassium iodide is colourless and iodine solution is yellow brown.
oh ok thx :D

Reaction score
would I have to study the whole syllabus again?
you know what, other than the past papers i think u have to go through the basics all over again. I dont think itll be that bad because we recently had the exam, and if u studied well for that then great.

Reaction score
you know what, other than the past papers i think u have to go through the basics all over again. I dont think itll be that bad because we recently had the exam, and if u studied well for that then great.
thanks! i'll do that ;)

Reaction score
Capture.PNG

what is the difference b/w the two question ? i means the statement "until the green leaves have appeared above the soil " means same as "until the seedling start to photosynthesize " ISNT'D ??? THEN WHY ANSWERS DIFFERENT ???

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!:)

Reaction score
View attachment 12073

what is the difference b/w the two question ? i means the statement "until the green leaves have appeared above the soil " means same as "until the seedling start to photosynthesize " ISNT'D ??? THEN WHY ANSWERS DIFFERENT ???

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!:)
One is against drymass,the other is against number of cells.During germination the number of cells keep increasing and never decrease so the graph is "c"..
The drymass during germination:
Mass decrease due to the breakdown of starch reserves present in the cotyledons, then starts to increase as the plant photosynthesisze.

Reaction score
I Have a question plz , november 05 number 19 Chemistry is it solid because they are insoluble ?

Reaction score
One is against drymass,the other is against number of cells.During germination the number of cells keep increasing and never decrease so the graph is "c"..
Mass decrease due to the breakdown of starch reserves present in the cotyledons, then starts to increase as the plant photosynthesisze.
Thanks A lot !

Reaction score
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH :):)

Reaction score
whats the reasoning behind this?
ok for some reasoning in this .. first endothermic reactions dont show increase in temp so u eliminate all the answers with increase at the beginning .. u will have 2 choices now when one of the reactants is halved ( in this case the water fro 1000cm3 to 500cm3 ) then there will be a more decrease in temp shown this decrease will be double/twice that of the 1000 cm3 .. be careful only one of the reactants is changed the other remains constant .. therefore when the volume of water is halved the temp decrease is double (10 * 2 = 20 degrees decreased)

Reaction score
YOu filter to remove the excess solid then concentrate the solution to get a saturated one then you filter to obtain crystals and heat to dry.
A solution means that both salts should be soluble since insoluble salts don't split up into ions.
Since silver chloride is insoluble,barium sulfate is insoluble so the only anion left is the nitrate..

Reaction score
YOu filter to remove the excess solid then concentrate the solution to get a saturated one then you filter to obtain crystals and heat to dry.
A solution means that both salts should be soluble since insoluble salts don't split up into ions.
Since silver chloride is insoluble,barium sulfate is insoluble so the only anion left is the nitrate..
but dont silver chloride still contain chloride ions and same thing goes for barium ions in barium sulphate?