• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
there are 2 different ways to solve it.

1) I don't know if you have this in ur text book or not, but there is an experiment like this in my text book, where they say that the sample of air is 100 and the volume decreases by 20 so that the syringe will read 80. This is because there is 20% of oxygen in air and this reacts with the copper, so what is left is 80 cm3 of air/ or because it is 100, you can just say 20% reacted and 80% is left. So with that example in mind, you can just do cross multipication and you get 150.

2)Another way you could do it is by using percentages in maths, knowing that there is 20% if oxygen in air.
Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
i just explained it on the other sticky page but i will explain it again. well as u know sodium is more reactive than hydrogen and so it will produce hydrogen and not the metal but copper is less reactive than hydrogen and so copper will be produced and so we eliminate 3 and 4, now we have either 1 or 2, it is 2 because the metal is always deposited on the cathode which is 2

ok thanks a lot i get that, so nickel contains sodium right ? because the electrolyte has to be a salt solution of the metal that plates the objet?

Reaction score
ok thanks a lot i get that, so nickel contains sodium right ? because the electrolyte has to be a salt solution of the metal that plates the objet?
no bro, he is not plating using the electrodes, you can plate using the electrolytes, the electrode has to be the same as the salt so that we dont change the solution alot, but u can use the electrolyte only. if u dont understand ask again :D

Reaction score
MgO cant be reduced by carbon but CuO can be reduced by carbon and so the MgO will stay as it is but the copper oxide will be copper and carbon dioxide and carbon dioxide turns limewater cloudy and so the answer is B
thanks

Reaction score
Just a quick question, Which is more important while preparing for Paper 1, solving as many past papers or revising the notes thoroughly??

Reaction score
Reaction score
is the answer A? i did it with trial and error, i dont think there is another way, i did it like that x+ 8O2=CO2+H2O and then when i tried number 6 on CO2 but it never balanced but when i tried number 5 on CO2, it did balance. did u understand?
srry i did a stupid mistake the answer is B i did it in the same way but i just made a silly mistake, i will explain it again just in case write the formula x+8O2=CO2+H2O and try to balance it with each one until one of them balances, so it is basically trial and error.

Reaction score
srry i did a stupid mistake the answer is B i did it in the same way but i just made a silly mistake, i will explain it again just in case write the formula x+8O2=CO2+H2O and try to balance it with each one until one of them balances, so it is basically trial and error.

thanks yes i got it

Reaction score
no bro, he is not plating using the electrodes, you can plate using the electrolytes, the electrode has to be the same as the salt so that we dont change the solution alot, but u can use the electrolyte only. if u dont understand ask again :D
oh alright thank you i never knew that lol thanks a lot

Reaction score
can anyone help me with this question? :confused:

After sexual intercourse, sperm can survive for 3 days in the uterus and oviducts. Assume
ovulation can occur any time from day 13 to day 15.
If an egg cell lives up to 2 days after ovulation, how long is the fertile phase of the menstrual
cycle?
A 5 days B 6 days C 7 days D 8 days
Which year, session, and Question number??