• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...

can someone please tell me the answer to this question!
View attachment 12192
Jazakallah Khair...
it's B
because electrolysis of molten sodium chloride will only produce sodium and chlorine.
but the electrolysis of aqueous sodium chloride will form chlorine at the anode, hydrogen at the cathode, and sodium hydroxide. this is due to the presence of H+ and OH- ions as wells as Na+ and Cl- :)
hope this answers your question

Reaction score
it's B
because electrolysis of molten sodium chloride will only produce sodium and chlorine.
but the electrolysis of aqueous sodium chloride will form chlorine at the anode, hydrogen at the cathode, and sodium hydroxide. this is due to the presence of H+ and OH- ions as wells as Na+ and Cl- :)
hope this answers your question
in aqueous solutions...the one lower in the series is discharged, in this case OH- ions...

the thing you are saying is when the solution is concentrated but in the question, no where it is mentioned that it is concentrated which means it is dilute :confused:

Reaction score
in aqueous solutions...the one lower in the series is discharged, in this case OH- ions...

the thing you are saying is when the solution is concentrated but in the question, no where it is mentioned that it is concentrated which means it is dilute :confused:
no it doesn't have to be dilute

Reaction score
guys can someone help me out with bio P12 - nov 2010 questions 29 and 40.

Reaction score
guys can someone help me out with bio P12 - nov 2010 questions 29 and 40.
29 --> A it's the steepest curve (steep means faster)
40--> A they said persistent pesticide DOESNT BREAK DOWN ( so answer cant be B) it cant be D cuz most pesticides dissolve in water .. it cant be A since it becomes less concentrated rising up the food chain

Reaction score
i'm sorry but which paper is that?? :) coz i think it's different, but thanks for replying back :D

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...

can someone please tell me the answer to this question!
View attachment 12192
Jazakallah Khair...

I think the question is missing some information, because for the aqueous sodium chloride, if it is concentrated, chlorine is produced at the anode, but if it's dilute, oxygen is produced. And sodium hydroxide is produce either way, concentrated or dilute. But molten sodium chloride only gives sodium and chlorine. Hope this helps :D

Reaction score
PLZ ANYONE HERE CAN HELP ME !!!
HOW WILL WE KNOW THAT THE FIRST ONE WILL BE DISPERSE BY ANY MAMMAL AND THE SECOND ONE BY WIND ??? IS THERE ANY VISIBLE FEATURE ???

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)Capture.PNG

Reaction score
PLZ ANYONE HERE CAN HELP ME !!!
HOW WILL WE KNOW THAT THE FIRST ONE WILL BE DISPERSE BY ANY MAMMAL AND THE SECOND ONE BY WIND ??? IS THERE ANY VISIBLE FEATURE ???

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)View attachment 12212
Fruit 1 seems spiny which would stick on the mammals fur , but fruit 2 seems wide spread Like Parachute seeds has many hairs which helps it to be carried some distance by the wind .

Reactions: T19