• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your doubts here (Mathematics, ESL and Urdu second language)

Reaction score
You are free to ask any questions regarding these subjects. I will try my best to answer as soon as possible.

Reaction score
You are free to ask any questions regarding these subjects. I will try my best to answer as soon as possible.
Maths
Q. If two linear equations in two unknowns have no common solution, these equations are called ?
A. Consistent B. Inconsistent C.Identical D. Independent
Q. What is the interest on Rs 1880.90 for one year @5 1/2 % ?
Q. Find the compound interest of principal amount Rs 50,000/- at the rate 5% for 3 3/4 years.
Q. If the 16 % increase in the basic salary of a government employee will become Rs 3248 per
month. What is his salary before the increase ?
Q.Solve
1. x-2[3x-2(x+1)+5] = 16
2. 4(3x-2) = 7(2- 5x)-5x
Q. Payments are made at the end of each payment interva\ for

Answer with all steps ???

Reaction score
Q. if two linear equations in two .....
Answer if they are parallel : consistent
if not parallel : inconsistent
In the both cases the lines don't meet each other.

Q. what is the interest on ....
Answer. interest = (Principle amount x rate of interest x time) /100
=(1880.9 x 5.5 x 1)/100
interest = Rs. 103.4495

Q. Find the compound interest of ....
Answer compound interest + principle amount = P * (1 + (R/100))^t
= 50,000(1+0.05)^3.75
= 50944.0 (correct to 1 decimal place)
interest = 50944-50000
= Rs 944

Q. If the 16% increase in .....
Answer 16% increase in the basic salary makes the increased value 116% of the intial salary.
so 116% of x = 3248
1% of x = 3248/116
100% of x = (3248/116) *100
x= 2800
Therefore the basic salary was Rs. 2800

Q. Solve.
Answer 1. x-2[3x-2x +1 + 5] = 16
x-2 [x +6] = 16
x -2x-12 = 16
-x = 28
x = -28
2. 12x - 8= 14-35x-5x
12x + 40x= 14 + 8
52x = 22
x = 11/26

Q. payment are made....
I cannot understand the question. Write in clear words.

Hope it helps :)

Reaction score
Any tips for Urdu?
for p1:
-follow the word limit for essay n othr composition
- completely cover the 3 points given for essay in 3 diffrnt paras...
- for translation, remmbr there r many possibilities to write a sentnce in diffrnt ways... u just need to convey the exact meaning in urdu. so if u cant translate any word from eng to urdu, instead of leaving it write any suitable phrase in tht place. u need to make correct punctuation n sentence structure in urdu so dnt assume tht if there is a comma in a sentence, u also have to ut in ur translation

for p2
- idioms givn in the ppr r not very difficult.. all u need to have is a good sense of imagination to deduce their meanings. so instead of memorizing 100s of idioms, just practice deducing their meaning.. like "eid ka chaand hona" if u imagine it literaly, it can be like eid moon is only sighted twixe a year so tht leads to meaning of being out of contact for a long time... u can master this skill with pracice
- in comprehension, make sure u understand the passage n answer each question according to the marks allocated... like 2 marks so 2 points required or may b a simple statemnt along with a breif explaination.

rest if u want to ask anythng specifically.. feel free to ask :) as i gave urdu 2 yrs ago so at this time may b i cant give many tips... still hope it helps.
n best of luck! :))

Reaction score
for p1:
-follow the word limit for essay n othr composition
- completely cover the 3 points given for essay in 3 diffrnt paras...
- for translation, remmbr there r many possibilities to write a sentnce in diffrnt ways... u just need to convey the exact meaning in urdu. so if u cant translate any word from eng to urdu, instead of leaving it write any suitable phrase in tht place. u need to make correct punctuation n sentence structure in urdu so dnt assume tht if there is a comma in a sentence, u also have to ut in ur translation

for p2
- idioms givn in the ppr r not very difficult.. all u need to have is a good sense of imagination to deduce their meanings. so instead of memorizing 100s of idioms, just practice deducing their meaning.. like "eid ka chaand hona" if u imagine it literaly, it can be like eid moon is only sighted twixe a year so tht leads to meaning of being out of contact for a long time... u can master this skill with pracice
- in comprehension, make sure u understand the passage n answer each question according to the marks allocated... like 2 marks so 2 points required or may b a simple statemnt along with a breif explaination.

rest if u want to ask anythng specifically.. feel free to ask :) as i gave urdu 2 yrs ago so at this time may b i cant give many tips... still hope it helps.
n best of luck! :))
Thanks for the help! Im giving my P-1 tomorrow so do you have any other words of advice? Also can you give me a good vocab list to use in the writings? Also, are there any tips for doing summary?