• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
Well, I have got a little problem here. I received an offer from LUMS SSE. I sent all the required documents and fees yesterday. I have not received a confirmation mail yet, and also on my LUMS account the ADMISSION OFFERED and ON-CAMPUS RESIDENCE info. disappeared. Can anybody help?
I sent them email asking the SAME thing....and they replied 4 DAYS later with confirmation.....so i suggest u should also send them an email....NORMALLY i think they are not sending confirmations.....HOWEVER that admission offered disappearing is WEIRD....that ddnt happen with me...for that call or contact LUMS...

Reaction score
I sent them email asking the SAME thing....and they replied 4 DAYS later with confirmation.....so i suggest u should also send them an email....NORMALLY i think they are not sending confirmations.....HOWEVER that admission offered disappearing is WEIRD....that ddnt happen with me...for that call or contact LUMS...
Do you know anyone facing the same problem?

Reaction score
Reesh ur laundry gets done for u BUT i heard a hostelite complaining that they are charging additional Rs10 per item for that:p(not cnfrm though)

Reaction score
Reesh ur laundry gets done for u BUT i heard a hostelite complaining that they are charging additional Rs10 per item for that:p(not cnfrm though)
Ahh. Well I guess that kinda makes sense. At least it's better than doing your laundry yourself :p

Reaction score
I have`nt received confirmation as well. The admission documents reached them on Monday (By TCS). They have`nt sent an email or anything. The only change on my account is now to `download the fee voucher`. I`m confused knowing tomorrow`s the last date and they still have`nt sent an email.

Reaction score
I sent them Fee payed on Saturday, that means it should've reached em by now. But i still didn't get any confirmation Email or letter or anything of the sort. Help?

Reaction score
I sent them Fee payed on Saturday, that means it should've reached em by now. But i still didn't get any confirmation Email or letter or anything of the sort. Help?
Yeah, same problem, but my ADMISSION OFFERED STATUS also disappeared on LUMS account. You too have this problem?

Reaction score
I have`nt received confirmation as well. The admission documents reached them on Monday (By TCS). They have`nt sent an email or anything. The only change on my account is now to `download the fee voucher`. I`m confused knowing tomorrow`s the last date and they still have`nt sent an email.
DONT WORRY.....they are NOT sending confirmation emails...i sent them a SPECIAL mail asking to confirm the receipt of my package and 4 days later they replied with confirmation:p....however if u havnt received confirmation than its nothing to worry as confirmations are not being sent normally...

Reaction score
Lol it will one of a kind ;)
actually i dont wana become a lawyer..i mean not really :( my first pref is managmnt sciences but that is VERY hard to get into :( LLB is easier. toh after a year, if i maintain a High gpa ill switch to another program :D

Oh i c. But i think in this thread a guy was saying his frnds switched from law to shssl(is it that) , economics program. But 4742 said transferring to business is harder. I have no clue. Mebbe shssl is easier or what. Anyhow economics is a nice major too as long as one is interested.
I heard it's very hard to score good gpa's at lums. Your sis is in , you must be knowing better, is that any true?
you will have to slog hard
Also, one more thing, that is for anyone to answer.
Y lums doesn't offer bba though it does mba. is BBA a not so sought-after program, or not kind of a good degree or any other reason.

Reaction score
For an estimate.
http://pdc.lums.edu.pk/
It is updated daily.

For books it depends on the program. As I am in SSE I can only tell about SSE.
Till now (freshmen year)the only course pack I bought is of Writing and comm and Econ. You can get books from library and most books are available online. or the lecture notes are uploaded online. Books and course packs you can also buy used ones from seniors.

Jazak Allah , the pdc linked worked a lot. Atleast tells roughly, daily food costs.
Could you share how much each course pack cost you that you bought.
I thought for late nite studying, your own books come in handy as long as you don't need to depend on them much, like the online slides and lectures are enough.

Reaction score
I've paid the fee and i've posted my package..admission offered status is still there..but the option of downloading 2 fee vouchers have appeared..dunno why.

Reaction score
did you get yours.well why should I send them transcipts again,they haven't ask for them.
They asked for it, why argue with them. I just sent them again. I had also sent them everything in the application package too. I still have not received confirmation yet though. Kinda worried :/

Reaction score
SBASSE Undergraduate Students will be charged Lab Charges for the maximum of 4 years only. SBASSE students who require to take courses beyond this will not be charged any additional Lab Charges (if 4 years have already been charged)
So nice of lums, not chargingafter 4 years.

Okay so here one more thing.
In all undergraduate programmes at LUMS, full-time status requires 12 credit hours per semester. Students who have paid full-time tuition can take up to a maximum of 20 undergraduate credit hours per semester without any additional charge (i.e., a student who has paid full-time tuition can take between 12-20 credit hours per semester without any extra charge).

I was calculating per semester and yearly charges based on overall minimum credit requirement for the degree program.You will require minimum 16-17 each semester to meet 130 overall. As i just came across this, does that mean, once you pay one time semester fee as a full time you can take anything between 12-20 without meeting additional costs. I thought you begin with paying for 12 hours and then to fulfill the requirement you take more credits hours , each semester, hence paying for them too. If what i construe is correct than i made lums 6 lacs more costly then it is.

Reaction score
Yaar. Mujhe koi bata day ke Hostel Fee kia cover kerti hai? -.-

Lolz u must be kidding. Ok apparently, it covers your residential costs, the room costs, and all the bldg associated costs(electricity bills, commonroom costs etc etc).
The food you have to buy from pdc or anyother place you prefer. The food is not included in hostel fee. And as you can see the laundry charges are also additional.