• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
Don't say that :| I won't last until then!
Hopefully it will be much earlier.......u and others who didnt apply for FA can expect their decision 2-3 days after 25 April....actually we have been asked to submit acceptance and dues till 25 april.....BUT there are going to be some who wont accept the offer...eg a friend of mine applied for FA and has been denied so he is not gonna accept the offer....similarly LAST year a friend of mine who wanted to do MBBS didn't accept the offer.....so point is many seats are going to be vacated and IA u guys will get in....

Reaction score
Those who are saying NUST ENGG test is VERY HARD are wrong:p.....i was on my way to ISL to give it when i got my LUMS decision in daewoo bus!!....was about to come back but gave the NUST test jst for fun without studying even a word and it was trivial compared to LUMS SSE test....u knw the FSC books,u knw the NUST test....

Reaction score
And for those who are doubtful about LUMS SSE,LUMS facilities and QUALITY of education with such emphasis on RESEARCH is simply UNMATCHABLE in pakistan.....IF ranking is done DEPARTMENT wise in ENGG than LUMS electrical engg will be ranked 1st in pakistan WAY ahead NUST,GIKI and others....

Reaction score
No doubt. They have some universities which are cheaper than LUMS too and I havent done badly with applying to the UK either. But LUMS sort of has a special place and importance for me. Home is home :p

Plus, I wanna live in Lahore dude, the food <3
Hahahah, I know what you mean :p I got accepted to Imperil (applied mainly for Oxford and got rejected ^_^" ) so now my parents want to send me there somehow, but I want to go to LUMS. It's always been my Harvard.

Reaction score
I got into Queen Mary, Bath, and Stanford. I totally understand how LUMS is your harvard. I'd turn a british scholarship down for LUMS
o_O dude,I know I said that LUMS is awesome, but Stanford? My best friend got into Stanford! This year they had the lowest percentage of acceptances!

Reaction score
All admission decisions taken by the University are final. During admission evaluation process, some applicants are admitted, some are placed on a waiting list and the remaining applicants are denied admission. Acceptances are offered on a rolling basis between April to June. For this reason, your admission decision may arrive at a different time from a friend or classmate.

found this on the lums website!

Reaction score
I am incredibly happy with Stanford but its super expensive and I'd rather go to Pakistan. What good is Stanford if you have no connection to your roots
Damn, no scholarship? That sucks . Haan you're right. But still. It's STANFORD. The fact that you got in is amazing :D LUMS has to accept you :D

Reaction score
Hahahah, I know what you mean :p I got accepted to Imperil (applied mainly for Oxford and got rejected ^_^" ) so now my parents want to send me there somehow, but I want to go to LUMS. It's always been my Harvard.

I applied for Cambridge and got into Imperial.
If I could have afforded it I would definitely had gone there.

Reaction score
t9dlOrE.png

Reaction score
Damn, no scholarship? That sucks . Haan you're right. But still. It's STANFORD. The fact that you got in is amazing :D LUMS has to accept you :D
Thanks! I'd love it if I got in but LUMS places less importance on some easy stuff like extra-curriculars and personal statements etc. Let's see

Reaction score
While we're waiting for the next batch of letters, why not discuss LUMS? Does anyone know what the atmosphere is like. Ive never seen or met students from LUMS so I am kind of not sure what kind of environment it is.

Reaction score
While we're waiting for the next batch of letters, why not discuss LUMS? Does anyone know what the atmosphere is like. Ive never seen or met students from LUMS so I am kind of not sure what kind of environment it is.
It's awesome. I've got a friend there and he's having the time of his life. And a few of my friends went there for LMUN and they all told me it's amazing. They also said that LUMS has a really good library. The atmosphere there is kind of chill, not very strict, but people there are insanely smart. My dad's friend was a teacher there and he said that all those students would have been Ivy worthy if they were in the US.
And somehow despite having lived in Pakistan all my life and having gone to Lahore numerous times, I STILL haven't seen LUMS -__- So I'm consoling myself by looking at it on Google Earth :p

Reaction score
May i dare say Congrats!!! Lolz
Okay i just wonder does lums have such wasteful resources that they would be spending them on visiting any xyz candidates's house. The visited one's might stand a chance or could be in the wait list. Lums would be a chaos if they are processing all applicants' fa.
Btw i am just so curious what they do when they visit your home. Like go through the whole house, how many rooms , how decorated etc.What they actually do during the visit. I hope their's no invasion of privacy linked with this visit like peeping into all rooms of house, ya i know it's crazy to think this but still asking
errr btw Are they supposed to be served lemonade or something

Oh well they guy who visited my home never ate anything although we served him with things.