• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
does the "who DID not want.." imply that these people are our seniors or they got into lums this year and plan not to pay the fee...?

Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone know anybody studying at LUMS with 6 O'level A's?
I am really nervous about my admission decision. I applied to LUMS last year with 6 O level A's, but my LCAT didn't go that well. This time I applied and my LCAT was pretty good. Do I have any chance of getting in this time? I'm sorry about the rant. This waiting period is just killing me.
I got in with 6A`s and one A*. Its not about the grades. People have got in with less than 5A grades even. Its more about the LCAT.

Reaction score
I got in with 6A`s and one A*. Its not about the grades. People have got in with less than 5A grades even. Its more about the LCAT.
Which batch are you from? Apparently, most of the people I know were rejected even though their LCAT was good. I know a girl who's in IBA. She has 5 O'level A's. She wasnt accepted at LUMS on the basis of her grades.

Reaction score
If starting pay for lums ee is 25-40, that is almost the same for ppl from other unis , then why not giki or nust
Dunno y in pak i have seen less focus on grad level eng degrees or mebbe i am not too updated. most engs seem to be only of ugrad level.
the thread is apparently going to be fetching 100k views .

Reaction score
If starting pay for lums ee is 25-40, that is almost the same for ppl from other unis , then why not giki or nust
Dunno y in pak i have seen less focus on grad level eng degrees or mebbe i am not too updated. most engs seem to be only of ugrad level.
the thread is apparently going to be fetching 100k views .
Most people can't really afford Masters. That's why they want a major that offers lots of job opportunities. Makes sense because electrical engineering IS very popular. Koi na koi job mil jati hai. Like for me, if I study Chem, I already know that I'll need to study Masters before I can get any kind of job.

Reaction score
Most people can't really afford Masters. That's why they want a major that offers lots of job opportunities. Makes sense because electrical engineering IS very popular. Koi na koi job mil jati hai. Like for me, if I study Chem, I already know that I'll need to study Masters before I can get any kind of job.

Ya you are spot on. even i thought BE is just enough.
but i was asking that reading this post:

RWTH, post: 510574, member: 26560"]I have a brother In GIK who`s doing EE. According to him, you can`t expect for a huge salary after a UG Degree. Average 30-40K. It goes on to a max of 100K, but thats only for 1 or 2 luckiest students. As far as Lums goes, a relative of mine also did EE there. He got a 40K Job. The point is you just can`t expect a 100K Salary right after your undergraduate degree. So Lums with the better facilities, might be the more suitable option. Although more than twice the expense.[/quote]

Mebbe the poster meant the fresher and i took it in the sense of someone who is already in the job market for several years

degrees like bsc chem bio phy are so under rated in pak, here you have to do masters to get further acknowledgment, but like overseas they are considered good majors already at the undergrad level with tons of research opportunities, not to say master is still not important, it is . But the way these programs are treated at colleges , i dont blame ppl's mindsets.

Reaction score

RWTH, post: 510574, member: 26560"]I have a brother In GIK who`s doing EE. According to him, you can`t expect for a huge salary after a UG Degree. Average 30-40K. It goes on to a max of 100K, but thats only for 1 or 2 luckiest students. As far as Lums goes, a relative of mine also did EE there. He got a 40K Job. The point is you just can`t expect a 100K Salary right after your undergraduate degree. So Lums with the better facilities, might be the more suitable option. Although more than twice the expense.

Mebbe the poster meant the fresher and i took it in the sense of someone who is already in the job market for several years

degrees like bsc chem bio phy are so under rated in pak, here you have to do masters to get further acknowledgment, but like overseas they are considered good majors already at the undergrad level with tons of research opportunities, not to say master is still not important, it is . But the way these programs are treated at colleges , i dont blame ppl's mindsets.[/quote]
Actually, it's the same abroad. For Natural Sciences, a Masters degree or a PhD is a must.

Reaction score
Which batch are you from? Apparently, most of the people I know were rejected even though their LCAT was good. I know a girl who's in IBA. She has 5 O'level A's. She wasnt accepted at LUMS on the basis of her grades.
I`ve just got in :p

Reaction score

RWTH, post: 510574, member: 26560"]I have a brother In GIK who`s doing EE. According to him, you can`t expect for a huge salary after a UG Degree. Average 30-40K. It goes on to a max of 100K, but thats only for 1 or 2 luckiest students. As far as Lums goes, a relative of mine also did EE there. He got a 40K Job. The point is you just can`t expect a 100K Salary right after your undergraduate degree. So Lums with the better facilities, might be the more suitable option. Although more than twice the expense.

degrees like bsc chem bio phy are so under rated in pak, here you have to do masters to get further acknowledgment, but like overseas they are considered good majors already at the undergrad level with tons of research opportunities, not to say master is still not important, it is . But the way these programs are treated at colleges , i dont blame ppl's mindsets.[/quote]
Jus` saying, for engineering Lums does have better research and a good environment. However one would prefer GIK and Nust because they are far cheaper and are more advance in engineering. A masters degree would be better ofcourse in terms of Job Opportunities. For the lucky one, UnderGrad is fine.

Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone know anybody studying at LUMS with 6 O'level A's?
I am really nervous about my admission decision. I applied to LUMS last year with 6 O level A's, but my LCAT didn't go that well. This time I applied and my LCAT was pretty good. Do I have any chance of getting in this time? I'm sorry about the rant. This waiting period is just killing me.
hey i know a guy with 9As in olevel and still has not gone in

Reaction score
if I don't get mine on 10th may does it mean I am rejected.
This is so not fair.they should accept the overseas students.We paid like $100 for the admission process which is so much higher than the fees from national students i.e Rs 4000. :/

Reaction score
This is so not fair.they should accept the overseas students.We paid like $100 for the admission process which is so much higher than the fees from national students i.e Rs 4000. :/
Anushey, you have amazing grades, I'm sure they'll accept you. And this will sound a little callous so please don't take it the wrong way. I think international students pay more fees than home students, right? So I'm pretty sure LUMS will want to accept you and all the other international students because they need the money :p
Again, please don't take it the wrong way.

Reaction score
dw you still have time a friend applied to lums from ksa too. he got admitted on 1st june :unsure:. into his prefered category . so overseas students still have a chance. cheer up. (y). he got into EE i think. one of the few lucky international ones i guess . :)