• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Practicals

Reaction score
Can someone suggest me a guide for practicals (phy, chem n bio)
M not satisfied with the practicals in my school, is there a book endorsed by Cambridge university which covers all the information needed for practical examinations.

Please help :)

Reaction score

Attachments

• Examiner Tips.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Guide to AS Practical.pdf
    679.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Teaching AS Physics Practical Skills .pdf
    164.8 KB · Views: 46
Reaction score
I went the whole nine yards with Biology and Chemistry practicals last year, still got a B and a C for bio and chem practicals respectively. Did manage to pull off an A in both subjects though. I don't mean to rain on your parade ofcourse but if you feel practicals aren't your strongest ally, do not walk into that exam hall without knowing your theory 100 %. Two high As will definitely have your back when p3 bails out on you. I'm only telling u this because i wish someone had told me that last year hahah..goodluck !

Reaction score
I went the whole nine yards with Biology and Chemistry practicals last year, still got a B and a C for bio and chem practicals respectively. Did manage to pull off an A in both subjects though. I don't mean to rain on your parade ofcourse but if you feel practicals aren't your strongest ally, do not walk into that exam hall without knowing your theory 100 %. Two high As will definitely have your back when p3 bails out on you. I'm only telling u this because i wish someone had told me that last year hahah..goodluck !
Oh god wat was the reason then? Were the teachers not good?
Anyways thanks for the advice

Reaction score
Oh god wat was the reason then? Were the teachers not good?
Anyways thanks for the advice
lol i dont u think u quite understood me...i got an A for Bio and A for chem but in my components i got a B for bio "practical" and a C for chem "practical". I only managed to get an A overall because I had high As in both p1 and p2 :) i had a great teacher, but i wasnt so great with practicals thats all...im just saying dont worry if ur not good at practical just do well on p1 and p2 :)

Reaction score
lol i dont u think u quite understood me...i got an A for Bio and A for chem but in my components i got a B for bio "practical" and a C for chem "practical". I only managed to get an A overall because I had high As in both p1 and p2 :) i had a great teacher, but i wasnt so great with practicals thats all...im just saying dont worry if ur not good at practical just do well on p1 and p2 :)
Ohk thanks a lot :)

Reaction score
thanks for the guidance :)