• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~PRAYER-SALAT~*

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your questions but I would like to share this: trousers above ankles is not only prohibited for Salah, but it is also prohibited because wearing trousers beneath the ankles is a sign of arrogance and pride. If you have ever worn trousers/ bottoms beneath the ankles, you might have felt this way a bit , right?? But I still don't know about the socks! and the sleeves!
I don't remember the references though , sorry but you can look it up... maybe search from google :/ It was once my dream/ ambition to become junior Dr. Zakir Naik , but due to some other reasons, and my short term memory, I can't take the duty because I am afraid forgetting the learnt verses(of the Quran) is a big sin :cry:
so anyways, sorry for not quoting the references again. If I remember right , it was mentioned in a Hadith. :)

yes! you're right about the trousers. i listened to a lecture about it:
May Allah grant you a longer memory so you can follow the footsteps of Dr Zakir Naik! (y)

I don't think so coz for men only their satr (navel to knee) is obligatory to be covered.. and their shoulders must be covered too (although there is some difference of scholarly opinion whether it is mustahab or obligatory for shoulders). al-Bukhaari (359) and Muslim (516) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one of you should pray in a single garment with nothing on his shoulders.”

Also if possible person praying should try to pray in better clothes as Allah tells us:
“O Children of Adam! Take your adornment (by wearing your clean clothes) while praying”
[al-A’raaf 7:31]

P.S. I remember once in the masjid once some1 told me my prayer isn't valid if I'm not covering the head.. and m thinking like that can't be true.. coz I remembered this hadith in sahih bukhari regarding it...

A man stood up and asked the Prophet about praying in a single garment. The Prophet said, "Has every one of you two garments?" A man put a similar question to 'Umar on which he replied, "When Allah makes you wealthier then you should clothe yourself properly during prayers. Otherwise one can pray with an Izar and a Rida' (a sheet covering the upper part of the body.) Izar and a shirt, Izar and a Qaba', trousers and a Rida, trousers and a shirt or trousers and a Qaba', Tubban and a Qaba' or Tubban and a shirt." (The narrator added, "I think that he also said a Tubban and a Rida. ")
anyways I didn't say anything to him... I came home and asked my sister about fiqh regarding it and she said you r right... for men, one should cover the head if covering it is considered as being dressed properly (take your adornment, remember?) in the custom of his people... that's the scolarly opinion I follow.

Jazakallahu khairan! :)

ok i have a question too...
Is it necessary for women to cover their feet during Salah?
I have read a hadis of Abu Dawud on it that the feet should be covered in salah but i don't know why isn't it well known here...no one here covers their feet...?

yes, it is a must. in salah, and infront of non-mahrams!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
ok i have a question too...
Is it necessary for women to cover their feet during Salah?
I have read a hadis of Abu Dawud on it that the feet should be covered in salah but i don't know why isn't it well known here...no one here covers their feet...?
Read this according to it there is a difference of opinion:
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/1046

I was thinking about it... Sh. Ibn Baaz is right.. one can cover to be on the safe side coz it doesn't explicitly mention its fard.. thats why when many scholars wd say they should cover it, scholars like Imam Abu Haneefah, al-Thawri and al-Mazani were of the view that it is permissible for a woman to uncover her feet when praying. This is the view favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and by al-Mardaawi in al-Insaaf.

Allah knows best.