• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Private A'levels, is it worth it?

Reaction score
Yeah, higher chances of winning, lesser chances of recognition. :p

Still better than recognition but no participation/win.

Lots of university students participate in MUNs, I saw a lot of them in MUNIK. It's never too late.
They're good fun and very useful, but, for a person who has never debated at such high levels, it's very hard to win too.

I know. MUNIK is one of Pakistans biggest MUNS so they're boudn to be present. But, this (the participation) depends upon myself staying in Pakistan or not.
I've debated, alright. Just not MUNs. Besides. Winning isn't everything! Even the participation and exposure to the hundreds of students of diverse ethnic and social backgrounds + the experience in general helps a lot.

I think working with NGOs would suffice. :)
Indeed it would! However, don't waste time on this. Get in the game quick. You only have this summer and the next summer, and the next summer will be very tough. Believe me on this one!

But what is being said is true too. A second language really influences your CV. I might try (very bleak chances though).
I know about this website. :)

Indeed. But, again, it's not the easiest to put up on your CV which is why it's regarded highly [Supply & Demand; Low and thus high respectively] (and bluffing can severely backfire here. An idiotic senior of mine put French up on his CV. One of his interviewers was a French chap who started talking in French and the ass didn't understand a word.)

Oh, don't worry about that, if I find a team to play with, I'll get into the team, in cricket at least. Insha ALLAH.
Currently, I have no institution. :p

Good luck! All things aren't about putting on your CV. Getting into a sport at a competitive level is way too much fun! If you're good, make sure you get there.

Reaction score
AbbbbY
hey Abby any advice for me
im in olevels, giving 12 subjects
national champion in kangaroo mathematics
and i might become editor this year
any suggestions???