• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

psychology

Reaction score
i dun mind going thru any specific study and we can try evaluating them, if that helps. im fine with ecological validity, bt i never like evaluating in terms of validity as a whole.

Reaction score
Yea...in paper one about half the marks are for the 1 and 2 mark questions--its just these 10 mark essays that are killer :/ U got any idea for the ways in which qualitative and quantitative data is used in Little Hans? I mean, I don't see any quantitative but de paper's still askin...

Reaction score
y dont u guys start reviewing ! i am here :)
lets start with loftus the one with false memory one

Reaction score
do you guys think that it is possible and practical to prepare for psychology alevels on your own in 2 months max ?

Reaction score
Quite possible :) you can get through the AS revision portions in 4 days if you cover 5 studies a day..

Reaction score
ye
do you guys think that it is possible and practical to prepare for psychology alevels on your own in 2 months max ?
with great determination, yes, it is definitely possible. there are areas that you can choose from, and most of them require common sense (you only need references) esp. psychology and environment.

Reaction score
Instances of ecological validity? I think they include:

1.) the psychoanalytic method itself creates an artificial situation (between the patient and the psychiatrist)
2.) There are leading questions asked by the father--this was quoted in a mark scheme as being ecological validity point, but I would think it belongs in generalisability?

Need two more :)

Reaction score
2) it does fall under ecological validity in a way. the father asked Little hans if he thought of his father when he saw the horse. it isn't an appropriate question to ask a young child, since children are likely to agree when they're on that stage of the development. thus, in a way, questioning children with a leading question is a bit unrealistic. as if the father WANTED him to agree. it's also high in demand characteristics.

Reaction score
yes.. definitely cant be generalised (sample unrepresentative). To start of, he's the only participant. Secondly, he was not a normal child (as quoted by Freud himself). and thirdly, the father was a huuuge supporter of Freud's work. that's the bias there.

Reaction score
yes i do i ll upload a lotta things in a bit
can u upload what u hav
or explain me the tejfel wali study i dont get matrix thinggy