• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pure Mathematics 1.... AS students only

Reaction score
wht was the answer for question 7 ??
and what was K in the sequence question ??
oh and about the cuve question was the function "increasing , decreasing or neither ? "
i cannot remember k however the function was increasing as it was (x)^2

Reaction score
wht was the answer for question 7 ??
and what was K in the sequence question ??
oh and about the cuve question was the function "increasing , decreasing or neither ? "
R was (7, 15)
K came out to be something like a 63 and 21, i forgot which one had the negative sign./////
dont know abt the function but i wrote decreasing because the gradient decreased as u increased x

Reaction score
i think i got something like 7 and 15 i found y then then the inverse of y substituting the points to find the reflection
I thought about doing the inverse thing, but then the perpendicular line idea made more sense. We have the same x- coordinate though :/
So whats correct? :O

Reaction score
For question 7 i got (7,15) for R. Please tell me someone got the same answer :/

Reaction score
R was (7, 15)
K came out to be something like a 63 and 21, i forgot which one had the negative sign./////
dont know abt the function but i wrote decreasing because the gradient decreased as u increased x

function was increasing bcz when u put the vaule of x in (dy/dx) ,its value starts to increase which means that it was increasing :)

Reaction score
function was increasing bcz when u put the vaule of x in (dy/dx) ,its value starts to increase which means that it was increasing :)
but the denominator had a square and the denominator increased when u increased x therefore the overall gradient decreased....nyways whats done is done

Reaction score
i dont remember but the fuction was increasing and im 100% sure
first part ws to calculate derivative of function which is offcourse gradient nd im 100% sure it had a square in denominator which decreased its value, the derivative's......

Reaction score
first part ws to calculate derivative of function which is offcourse gradient nd im 100% sure it had a square in denominator which decreased its value, the derivative's......

i know there was square and i did that part with great care and the function was increasing :)

Reaction score
idk ....but im telling u im 1000 % sure that it was increasing .......... u are talking about that part b of functions ????? rite ?????

Reaction score
np :)
but im telling u to score this much if u are weak in stats and m1 .......getting B in those components and scoring high A gardes or full marks in p1 and p3 can easily make A* .
My math paper 1 exam was the worst math exam I ever wrote!! :'( I think I lost 10 marks!! =( Usually I always get 72-75. This has just been horrible for me!! It's not like the paper was hard, my luck was just pure plan bad! =/ =(

But thanks for ur advice, =) now my only hope is to get close to full marks in M1.